Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Is this going to drift along into close in this range?

It looks to be ahead of the dow which is worrying

"up , up and awayyyyyyyyyyyyy" !! the room here is blue with all shorting except for yours truly, who feels rather smug now. Think I will call it a day before I get too clever , (with help from DC of course )
many thanks all - 100 prices today !

Nice one always nice to hear of good days:)

Dow will need to make a good move tonight I expect another 200 point move this afternoon then the asian market to push it higher a close in the region of 11242 would be about right

the FTSE can just about make the 304 on a gap up then I expect it to run to the 400s after a slight early fade but not close the gap

Is this going to drift along into close in this range?

It looks to be ahead of the dow which is worrying

Don't be surprised on ftse bullishness, this has happened most of afternoon. Reason is oil price rising due to perceived shortages due to weather in US. With ftse so heavily biased to oil,gas and mining you have strong reaction to oil and copper prices. If you see S&P heading down and ftse reluctant to do so due to this , then once S&P reverses , ftse will go like a train.

well no 200 point rally in market hrs

question is what do ya make of the double hit circa 11040 :whistling

well no 200 point rally in market hrs

question is what do ya make of the double hit circa 11040 :whistling

Hi, couple of things are worrying me now about the chances of getting to circa 4480 this week. We very nearly pushed through that support this morning, and though it has had a few failed attempts, it it not too far away to try again. Also if you look at the 4 hr charts over the last days you will see a possible resistance line running diagonal across the tops. Now , I think 4300 is about where that line would have been today had we hit it. So, a) price goes through this and bingo target in sight. B) price rejects and we head back down to key support and blast through for a new low. I know the logic on the options squeeze is sound, but we must also remember that contract rollovers have a habit of coinciding with lows and high. Will write more in the morning when I am at my desk.

Have to say , I am am not sure which direction that bus is taking today... I am going to wait for some confirmation and take it real steady today.... hopefully some magic will happen !!!!

My signals said long but still trying to pluck up the courage.

Will wait to see if 5200 is passed comfortably.

My signals said long but still trying to pluck up the courage.

Will wait to see if 5200 is passed comfortably.

Sometimes I wonder whether it is worth watching charts, at all. Those who entered long at the open can not have a chart watchers philosophy, can they? Yet, they are able to walk away from the market with 80 odd points and not do another thing, except go on the beach, if they want.

Sometimes I wonder whether it is worth watching charts, at all. Those who entered long at the open can not have a chart watchers philosophy, can they? Yet, they are able to walk away from the market with 80 odd points and not do another thing, except go on the beach, if they want.

Would they have gone long though?

and lo they said , look at the price and action and it was good and they said behold , time to buy, and they did and it was good....

welcome to my world:)

OK chaps didnt get the gap but FTSE has its numbers intact so first will be 304 then 398 and 498
the only problem on this last one is the DOW is about to force a recalc of its upper target

My contribution today for what it's worth

Do you think we'll get back to 8 oops sorry i got that number stuck in my head:LOL:

Weekly bar fib at 212 also s&p prodding 169 high 12/9

yes sir, there is also a resistance level at 5307, so the stars may align... sorry for worng numbers last night - was a bit tired

no worries
we just had dip to 175 which I just missed Im in @80 looking for 304