Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

ES is going up

i know you guys trade some binary BS , IF, THEN is not real trading man;)

Attachments

• gf.png
    gf.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 63
all US indices are green but you expect something else is that a good bet? :)

Hey what do I know.

But I have heard that knowing you know nothing is much better than thinking you know everything.

I'm not in yet. :(

$3,987 <T'day Unrealized
$1,446 <T'day Realized

the bulk of realized from 10am dow swing, bought at 21,373 took profit at 21,446 on 10 contracts, had complimented the position with 800 units of vix shorts, closed the shorts together with the dow longs giving me double the profit. Unrealized is from NDAQ positions I'm still holding and letting ride higher

Last edited:
Positive signs given by the US employment report boosted Asian indices. The US and US consumers are important customers of the Asian economies' exports, so the employment report has a direct and relevant impact on the respective exchanges.

Providing its not end of days theres an option, to control your risk with size, ie lack of it. If you come at things planning to net out when youre hit with -600/700, well, you just might not get that chance if shf and some whale pukes it out -7000. For a heart beat or a week it wont matter much to your LPs when they liquidate you at -7000, in that moment or via email when the dusts settled. The only way avoid that at least in part is to respect size and trade at limit.

Anyways, I think were done. Cheers.

I still don't get what y'r getting at... obvious that you can lower risk by having a lack of positions... you can also put it another way... you can avoid risk altogether by not trading, is this your point? as for a whale coming along to move the market by -7000pts, you might as well ask what risk management I have in place in the event of a meteorite destroys NY state... again, if I was to base my risk procedures to account for such events, I wouldn't dare to trade at all. Just what is your point?

and what is shf? not familiar with the term outside the ITU designation for radio frequency, you mean HFT?

My standard risk management procedure covers a possible drop of 1,000pt (dow) and starts to progressively kick-in when the drop reaches -600pts, a gap Beyond 1,000pts is highly improbable on markets working 22x5, but if it happens I'll deal with as it happens if it happens. In any event, the hedges in place to bring my account to neutral still get done be it at a different price but still effective to prevent liquidation.

Last edited:
Providing its not end of days theres an option, to control your risk with size, ie lack of it. If you come at things planning to net out when youre hit with -600/700, well, you just might not get that chance if shf and some whale pukes it out -7000. For a heart beat or a week it wont matter much to your LPs when they liquidate you at -7000, in that moment or via email when the dusts settled. The only way avoid that at least in part is to respect size and trade at limit.

Anyways, I think were done. Cheers.

I still don't get what y'r getting at... obvious that you can achieve zero risk by having a lack of positions... you can also put it another way... you can avoid risk altogether by not trading, is this your point? as for a whale coming along to move the market by -7000pts, you might as well ask what risk management I have in place in the event of a meteorite destroys NY state... again, if I was to base my risk procedures to account for such events, I wouldn't dare to trade at all. Just what is your point?

and what is shf? not familiar with the term outside the ITU designation for radio frequency, you mean HFT?

My standard risk management procedure covers a possible drop of 1,000pt (dow) and starts to progressively kick-in when the drop reaches -600pts, a gap Beyond 1,000pts is highly improbable on markets working 22x5, but if it happens I'll deal with as it happens if it happens. In any event, the hedges in place to bring my account to neutral still get done be it at a different price but still effective to prevent liquidation.

:LOL:

I'm surprised you didnt recognise the acronym considering where your head is most of the time.