Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Now the dow is heading down for the lows again and the ftse is going UP.

Weird sh1t today.

Indices are playing bullflag in a bigger timeframe so hence the wild swings.

DOW in particular in record highs and DAX has long way to go to see its previous highs whilst FTSE 7000 seems a psychological barrier.....

I'm bullish generally and will look at supports shortly and see if we can continue going higher based on current Monthly candle.

It, also, hit a new low this morning. I tried a "Swissy" ie. went long and was successful , getting out at 6815. IMO, it is a bear market, though--for FT, at least-- so am sitting on my hands.

The market has been hovering a sense of expectation for the conference in Jackson Hole (Friday), keeping investores vigilant and more cautious, given the high degree of uncertainty as to when will happen the next change in interest rates of Fedfunds. It will therefore be important to monitor the intervention of Jannet Yellen in this event on monetary policy, for any more accurate signal relating the course of monetary policy in the short term.

It, also, hit a new low this morning. I tried a "Swissy" ie. went long and was successful , getting out at 6815. IMO, it is a bear market, though--for FT, at least-- so am sitting on my hands.

Lol....I do go short you know! In fact I prefer to go short than long generally (I got a bit burnt on the BREXIT gyration which taught me a valuable lesson - it doesn't matter what I think, the market is irrational) but I now try and produce no bias for the day now, just look at the levels, other markets and PA and try and work a game plan long or short. I don't use trendlines, but am aware of the trend on different time frames.

The FTSE is high but there no-where for the cash to go to earn a return except the market atm, so any excuse (a dip) and the buyers are in imho. Plus the market tries to trick you into thinking it will go down/up with false moves or it can do the obvious - a form of trickery in itself.

There will be a day of reckoning and the market will tank I'm sure - just don't know when that will be and at what level!

Like you I am sitting on my hands atm - but I am aware of the levels I might place a trade long or short.

I do hope you were short this morning and then flipped on the low!! If so I'm impressed - I'm not good enough to do that!!

That quick dip moments before the US open looked like a long stop stealer, so were going UP.

Lol....I do go short you know! In fact I prefer to go short than long generally (I got a bit burnt on the BREXIT gyration which taught me a valuable lesson - it doesn't matter what I think, the market is irrational) but I now try and produce no bias for the day now, just look at the levels, other markets and PA and try and work a game plan long or short. I don't use trendlines, but am aware of the trend on different time frames.

The FTSE is high but there no-where for the cash to go to earn a return except the market atm, so any excuse (a dip) and the buyers are in imho. Plus the market tries to trick you into thinking it will go down/up with false moves or it can do the obvious - a form of trickery in itself.

There will be a day of reckoning and the market will tank I'm sure - just don't know when that will be and at what level!

Like you I am sitting on my hands atm - but I am aware of the levels I might place a trade long or short.

I do hope you were short this morning and then flipped on the low!! If so I'm impressed - I'm not good enough to do that!!

Don't get impressed at what I do! I went long at 0833 and closed at 1031 for +22, waited until 1352, then short until 1452 for +
12. I was lucky to get a second chance because the first one was when I was at lunch. My wife gets irritated when I'm late!

Now I'm waiting to see if NY has any influesnce.