Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Nice to see FTSE showing some grit, european indices crashing, FTSE restrained and controlled.

True. Less risk with FTSE 100 (multinational companies) and decent dividend makes it attractive (plus lower pound for exports), Italian banking sector sending out a bad whiff to the Dax etc

L FTSE 6525 btw

True. Less risk with FTSE 100 (multinational companies) and decent dividend makes it attractive (plus lower pound for exports), Italian banking sector sending out a bad whiff to the Dax etc

L FTSE 6525 btw

Closed 1 @ 6544 other a BE.

Wall Street investors will continue to monitor the developments in Europe but expectedly with the same detachment that demonstrated so far.

OK back from the school run, coffee etc. I left a S order 6565 small stake with wide stop which I closed @6520. Pity I didn't leave one @6580 as well! I hasten to add this was speculative rather than a systemic trade but I felt a retrace sometime was in order this morning and the market bumped around the 6560 level yesterday.

No bias now. Market could well pump from 6500 region or dump. Lets see.

Last edited:
Gold going for a 2 year high! Ftse dropped 80 points in almost as many minutes. Dow moping around its lows for the day.

Looking for ftse to spring up from here 6505 level, but Dow hasnt finished going down yet so no longs today.

Gold going for a 2 year high! Ftse dropped 80 points in almost as many minutes. Dow moping around its lows for the day.

Looking for ftse to spring up from here 6505 level, but Dow hasnt finished going down yet so no longs today.

!

No bounce - not a thing.

Really not looking good for ftse. Might try and get out at b/e - I'll give it 20 minutes.

Definitely going to get out at 6480 if she makes it that far back.
Should have listened to my own advise. :whistling

"...but Dow hasnt finished going down yet so no longs today......." :eek:

drat was out and missed the move down, felt it was pump or dump from 6500. If selling (fear) takes hold could go a lot further, but liquidity could be injected by BOE so could be very volatile imho.