Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The expectation of today’s meeting of the Fed dominated the Asian session. In fact, there has been a decrease in the volume and volatility, and most investors adopted a defensive stance, which explains the decrease of some stock exchanges such as the Japanese and Hong Kong.

FTSE unusually frisky for the time o' the morn. Kept short so far but just went L @6145.. lets see.

^gl with that, I've been scalping a few longs on the dax but I don't think the drop is quite done with

^gl with that, I've been scalping a few longs on the dax but I don't think the drop is quite done with

I think FTSE will bump around 6140 - 150 for a while now. Did you have a few beers last night and gain trading insights? (would like to have gone but wife needs about a month's notice to conduct due diligence on any booze up and I live a couple of hours from London)

I think FTSE will bump around 6140 - 150 for a while now. Did you have a few beers last night and gain trading insights? (would like to have gone but wife needs about a month's notice to conduct due diligence on any booze up and I live a couple of hours from London)

Yeah mate I had a couple more beers than I was planning, so yeah it was a good crack :) I met Zak from tiptv and John Walsh (the black cabbie trader) who were both a good laugh, all good to get opinions from real people rather than just faceless nicknames on a forum ;)

Well maybe around 6120 - 130 lol. Should have stayed short from this am but I have put a cheeky L in @6124 lets see if it holds for some pips.

I have a dax long under water at 9810ish - I totally forgot my game plan to wait until 9750s ooops!

Yeah mate I had a couple more beers than I was planning, so yeah it was a good crack :) I met Zak from tiptv and John Walsh (the black cabbie trader) who were both a good laugh, all good to get opinions from real people rather than just faceless nicknames on a forum ;)

Worth going to meet Zak! I hope he was on form with his acerbic wit. I don't imagine for a moment there were trading "insights" but a good laugh and maybe some self-deprecation to boot.

Worth going to meet Zak! I hope he was on form with his acerbic wit. I don't imagine for a moment there were trading "insights" but a good laugh and maybe some self-deprecation to boot.

There were actually a few trading insights, I was actually surprised by the number of people who have their own stock/forex trading systems based on Excel with a bit of VBA code thrown into the mix... which is a platform I myself wouldn't touch with a bargepole! I guess it showed to me the commitment of non-coders to try their utmost build a "system" regardless if it was out of their comfort zone or skill-centre or not!

There were actually a few trading insights, I was actually surprised by the number of people who have their own stock/forex trading systems based on Excel with a bit of VBA code thrown into the mix... which is a platform I myself wouldn't touch with a bargepole! I guess it showed to me the commitment of non-coders to try their utmost build a "system" regardless if it was out of their comfort zone or skill-centre or not!

I'd be in the latter category I'm afraid and I don't even use excel:eek:. For my "system" on FTSE I stick to price levels, PA, watching what's happening on other indices (including oil, USD) and use a couple of indicators (mainly BB and RSI) to give me context to make a trading decision. What is VBA code btw?

Thanks.