Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

you need to join metrader/postman/dinos etc with actual live calls next year!
None of this ''could go up or down'' malarky!! :)
not quite....cos
in p/f you actually dont make any calls
we just try and position ourselves for breakouts on both sides and quite often we double up on the other side if we get the direction wrong
so..live calls fro certain lvels may not be valid

hopefully metrader comes back to show us how it's done!

Don't know why the live calls aspect is so scary and confusing for some.
You essentially just tell people the position you are now in, seconds after placing the trade on your platform! It's what separates us from FXmofo 'calls' lol.

You essentially just tell people the position you are now in, seconds after placing the trade on your platform! It's what separates us from FXmofo 'calls' lol.

On that line, I have to say posting the live trades in the forum makes me arrogant and that's why I get tendency to fight with market to prove myself correct, it automatically happens and I do not realize when and how that happens.

Since I started posting trades here my performance gone down....

I think different people have different personality and traits.....

Well as you know, trading is all about mindset, attitude, plan, discipline and very high level of concentration, specially in short term trading. I used to make calls in swing trading...but now a days I am between intraday and swing :rolleyes:

Well done (y)

Thanks.

Strictly no live calls until the new year....gotta dry out !!

:LOL:

Nothing "scary" about it. Just imagine this:
- I'm strictly intraday if not scalper. Sometimes in 1 min my trade is done. This happened today on DAX trade
- Because of trying to make "live call" I missed a very good trade today!
- I have a day job. Trying go analyze the market, manage trade and hoping no-one will barge in and go to my working post is hard enough without making on top pictures, posts, prove and reply and god knows what. And I do miss a lot of good setups on this account as it is.

This would be completely different if I'd be a swing trader, but I'm not. Or at least if I'd at least have the luxury and guts to switch to pro trading and drop my job. But I have a family to provide for, so until I'm not absolutely sure of my skills, I'll not do this move.

So, for this reason, if my occasional posting (god know there's not many - same reason - lack of time) of my trades in progress or closed (I do post my loses also) is an issue, I can switch back to lurking, no problem. Actually it might be better for me.

BR

calling the target and direction can be a bit meaningless in p/f patterns
we are only concerned with the breakout point..once price has broken out than our only concern is where the recoil area could be and what are its high and low levels of that area..nothing more

calling the target and direction can be a bit meaningless in p/f patterns
we are only concerned with the breakout point..once price has broken out than our only concern is where the recoil area could be and what are its high and low levels of that area..nothing more

absolutely true (y)

In the town where I was born,
Lived a man who sailed to sea,
And he told us of his life,
In the land of submarines,

So we sailed on to the sun,
Till we found the sea green,
And we lived beneath the waves,
In our yellow submarine,

And our friends are all aboard,
Many more of them live next door,
And the band begins to play.

(Trumpets play)

We all live in a yellow submarine,
yellow submarine, yellow submarine,
We all live in a yellow submarine,
yellow submarine, yellow submarine.

(Full speed ahead, Mr. Boatswain full speed ahead!
Full speed it is, Sgt
Cut the cable, Drop the cable
Aye, aye, sir, Aye, aye
Captain! Captain!)

As we live a life of ease(life of ease)
Every one of us(every one of us) has all we need,(has all we need)
Sky of blue,(sky of blue) and sea green,(sea of green)
In our yellow(In our yellow) submarine.(submarine) ( Haha! )

(Full speed ahead, Mr. Boatswain full speed ahead!
Full speed it is, Sgt
Cut the cable, Drop the cable
Aye, aye, sir, Aye, aye
Captain! Captain!)

As we live a life of ease(life of ease)
Every one of us(every one of us) has all we need,(has all we need)
Sky of blue,(sky of blue) and sea green,(sea of green)
In our yellow(In our yellow) submarine.(submarine) ( Haha! )

Can you see Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, or is it an overdose of the Dentists Nitrous Oxide? :LOL:

Anyhoo the markets must be on drugs as theres no reaction to the plummeting oil price yet. :eek:

Hi Guys

Did I miss the sing a long?

Got a few trades in this morning and then had to go car hunting.
After 10 months in the US it is time to ditch the hire car and buy one myself.

Today the stock markets traded with minor variations.

The week will be shorter than usual, due to the closure of markets worldwide on 1 January 2015. Many investors are taking advantage by using vacation time and equity trading volumes are more subdued than usual.

The attention was mainly focused on Greece. The Government once again fails to elect the President of the Republic, which brought some panic among investors, since this failure results in the holding of early elections. The Athens stock exchange fell as more than 12%, but closed with a lower fall to 3.5%.

The main US stock markets closed the session on Monday in a mixed record, with the SP 500 at new highs and the Dow Jones declining slightly.