Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I will post a full report of my method at a later date - but too busy at the moment making money

So - back on Demo today.

Go long Dax at 9499 - forget about trade - walk around the office drinking coffee,
back to desk to see I am +50 points.
Hold that thought.. now only +25 points

I am not sure what I am learning on demo, except that I am crap on live!

So - back on Demo today.

Go long Dax at 9499 - forget about trade - walk around the office drinking coffee,
back to desk to see I am +50 points.
Hold that thought.. now only +25 points

I am not sure what I am learning on demo, except that I am crap on live!

For whatever reason you took the live call @ 9499, it matched the criteria you had set to enter a trade, that says you are doing something right. Perhaps backtest that system, and then move forward with an acceptable Risk/Reward and maybe a trailing stop and walk away from the trade and let it pan out. If you can get R/R of 1:5 to 1:2 with a 50% success rate, your a winner.

For whatever reason you took the live call @ 9499, it matched the criteria you had set to enter a trade, that says you are doing something right. Perhaps backtest that system, and then move forward with an acceptable Risk/Reward and maybe a trailing stop and walk away from the trade and let it pan out. If you can get R/R of 1:5 to 1:2 with a 50% success rate, your a winner.

I have looked back at my trades since last week (55 trades with a win ratio of 65%) so IF I can sort out my R/R I will be much happier!
It does prove the old adage that the win ratio is not as important as the profit!

I have looked back at my trades since last week (55 trades with a win ratio of 65%) so IF I can sort out my R/R I will be much happier!
It does prove the old adage that the win ratio is not as important as the profit!

65% is good, get the R%R sorted, you'll have a winning strategy and you should be away matey.(y)

Bit bored waiting for US open, so had a read of a thread about showing trading statements rather than doing live calls, Kudos to Mr Fox, a walking money maker, amazing consistency and wonderful bottom line, banked over £5k today on DAX & FX and thats not a one off. (y)
i believe it 2 ;)

Just your average everyday trading pattern.
Its not like the prices are being manipulated up in a linear fashion for a prolonged period of time is it? :whistling

Attachments

• route.png
    route.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 86