Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

any of you guys ever trade the dax?

I did a bit when I was first stating out. I dropped it as I felt the FTSE adhered better to my TA.

Plus the majority of my trading is on FTSE 100 members so it just made sense.

However I want to look at its relationship with the FTSE a bit more. A friend of mine does something similar to Barjon with the FTSE/DAX.

I did a bit when I was first stating out. I dropped it as I felt the FTSE adhered better to my TA.

Plus the majority of my trading is on FTSE 100 members so it just made sense.

However I want to look at its relationship with the FTSE a bit more. A friend of mine does something similar to Barjon with the FTSE/DAX.

funny i tried my ta on it last week it seemed to over/under shoot my levels
tipical germans alwas want to get there first:LOL: ( only a joke guys )

come to think of it maybe that's what some folks do ...trade the difference.
so when the ftse hits support/resistance the dax overshoots?

Thanks Martin. For some reason im not getting the feed today from Ran. Done all the normal troubleshooting but just not working.
Luckily its a very quite day for data releases.

Should that have been 5870? or you think we are going to break up to 5970.

The longer we cant break down this resistance, the chances of a pull-back are increased.

I mean 5970 and not 5870. 6000 is the obvious target but I don't think we will quite make it. The odds still favour moves to the upside instead of the down.

Don't you get Ransquawk through Capital Spreads or are you on the £20 per month like me?

any of you guys ever trade the dax?

I don't trade the dax. In fact I rarely follow it, because I follow the FESX, eurostoxx 50, which has much higher volume than the FDAX. So far this morning we have had 390,000 lots traded on the FESX and 62,000 on the FDAX. The FTSEH2 has done just 30,000 lots.

closed my trade .....got a bad dose of quit while you're ahead thoughts

more flights this after i hope:)

got hit with a voume missile at around 918 cash ....need some repairs now

i know .....i'm starting to rant again:)

I mean 5970 and not 5870. 6000 is the obvious target but I don't think we will quite make it. The odds still favour moves to the upside instead of the down.

Don't you get Ransquawk through Capital Spreads or are you on the £20 per month like me?

Lol, i thought you was getting it through Capital Spreads. Thats why is was asking you about it a while back. I pay the £24 a month. But also have been using the Capital Spreads one. The CS one is live, but limited. Good for economic data. But actual Ransquawk gives you a bit extra like Fixed Income. So I just put it down as a expense. Between the two i am happy.

Yes 6000 is a magnet. And this sideways move over the last week has been turning off some of the overbought indicators.

Im preferring shorts but to be honest im just trading any setups I see. And taking much smaller swings until the charts tell me whats what.

I don't trade the dax. In fact I rarely follow it, because I follow the FESX, eurostoxx 50, which has much higher volume than the FDAX. So far this morning we have had 390,000 lots traded on the FESX and 62,000 on the FDAX. The FTSEH2 has done just 30,000 lots.

hi martin. so we got more volume on the dax than the ftse? is that the norm?

hi martin. so we got more volume on the dax than the ftse? is that the norm?

Dick, actually the volume on the FTSE futures is usually slightly more than the DAX futures. The 10 period ave daily volume is 88,000 lots for the FTSE and 80,000 for the DAX.

The Dax's volume is ahead of the FTSE today because of the greek euro deal. Shows how much more important it is for the germans than it is for us.

Dick, actually the volume on the FTSE futures is usually slightly more than the DAX futures. The 10 period ave daily volume is 88,000 lots for the FTSE and 80,000 for the DAX.

The Dax's volume is ahead of the FTSE today because of the greek euro deal. Shows how much more important it is for the germans than it is for us.

my thoughts were that maybe a big difference in volume would explain my ta being of a bit with the dax......today s&P + ftse test fridays high .....dax staying well back from fridays high for now .......a new indicator ?

There wasn't an 80 pt spike on the Futures but something very odd is going on. 8:30 and 8:32am we had two massive volume spikes after it had been dead for several minutes. I guess this is wicks and tails on low volume, but there must be some dodgy newsflow out there. I am sure there are several traders looking at their screens saying what the f****** is going on.