Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I dont understand the problem :innocent:, Draghi's been telling everyone who will listen (and those that wont) he's ready to provide easing in the Eurozone. He's been saying it for over 6 months now and every month near the rate statement the 'meed-yah' always repeat his words, so it must be true.
So daxy will soar today right? :whistling

BoJ's Kuroda says it is very hard to forecast foreign exchange rates

:LOL:

What does this indicate? Move higher?

OK. Good question. Take a look at this 5min chart. It printed a swing high in the first 25 mins off a resistance level of 50% retrace of the 'in hours' day. I went short there but was aware of the IG 50 which coincided with the weekly top, so I had my finger on the button so to speak and was prepared to cut it and flip it the other way on the bounce. As it happens it fell through and I'm still short for the time being!

We are though running into a cluster of resistance from the 2/9

Attachments

• dax 5.PNG
    dax 5.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
OK. Good question. Take a look at this 5min chart. It printed a swing high in the first 25 mins off a resistance level of 50% retrace of the 'in hours' day. I went short there but was aware of the IG 50 which coincided with the weekly top, so I had my finger on the button so to speak and was prepared to cut it and flip it the other way on the bounce. As it happens it fell through and I'm still short for the time being!

We are though running into a cluster of resistance from the 2/9

closed short 9543

Divergence between Dax and MIB/CAC ... etc

Last edited:
Think I got Long a minute or so before DJ.
See what happens

Attachments

• dax.jpg
    dax.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 104
What I love most about day-trading is closing my position for a small gain and watching the Dax run up another 30pts. Alternatively it's fun to hold for 30pts, and watch your 10pt gain disappear into a sea of red figures. When either of those two scenarios don't present themselves, I find it charming to while away my time chewing crushed glass.

Frankly, I am sure that Dax market-makers are the worst kind of sadists. As I type this, I bet they sit in their cosy seats at FWB, watching their Xetra screens waiting for the day when they can buy my margin liquidation.
Why didn't you set a stop/trailing stop and let it run after it reached your target?

The main reason is that I have a small(er) profit target on this set-up. Obviously in this case price went well beyond it, but other times it won't. That's what makes this game so fun. To be frank my PnL is v healthy, but I love to complain anyway. It's one of the privileges of the job. ;)

Edit: I also, in my own peculiar way, try to highlight the cr*p that is prevalent on so many trading sites (i.e. the buy here, put a stop there, set a 1:10 risk:reward ratio and become a millionaire by Xmas).

This is why I'm trying to close out for a very small target. Doesn't matter if it runs onwards, though it still hurts if my entry is the start of a 100 point run. Take a small bit from them each day

The main reason is that I have a small(er) profit target on this set-up. Obviously in this case price went well beyond it, but other times it won't. That's what makes this game so fun. To be frank my PnL is v healthy, but I love to complain anyway. It's one of the privileges of the job. ;)

Edit: I also, in my own peculiar way, try to highlight the cr*p that is prevalent on so many trading sites (i.e. the buy here, put a stop there, set a 1:10 risk:reward ratio and become a millionaire by Xmas).

Xmas.......sh1t, is it really going to take that long..............:(

"The ECB had earlier cut its rate from 0.25% to 0.15% in June, and also became the first major central bank to introduce negative interest rates.
It will also launch an asset purchase programme, which will buy debt products from banks.
It is hoped this move will add liquidity to the financial system and revive lending."

Just like it did in Amerika. :whistling

"The ECB had earlier cut its rate from 0.25% to 0.15% in June, and also became the first major central bank to introduce negative interest rates.
It will also launch an asset purchase programme, which will buy debt products from banks.
It is hoped this move will add liquidity to the financial system and revive lending."

Just like it did in Amerika. :whistling

Free markets :LOL:

Back to your trade plan on the DAX.

Buy the F^^^in dips.

dax futures 4 hour data
note the move from ECB announcement/yellow horizontal
an unstoppable train... could see some profit taking/ a bull test

24zad83.gif