Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Yep, classic 'risk-on'. I'm not gonna fade this move though mate, big money was given a head's-up on this, I'll stay on their side...

x2 think we have a look at 9700 in next 24 hours.
Few shorts below will be stuck now.
Done for the day now have a good one everyone.

When S&P opens +10 handles, it doesnt usually end well, but I take your point about the big money.
I'm the biggest bull on the S&P in this weeks competition (worried yet Lexy :p) but we'll see later.

x2 think we have a look at 9700 in next 24 hours.
Few shorts below will be stuck now.
Done for the day now have a good one everyone.

24 minutes more like :eek:

Is this going to be another relentless short squeeze? :rolleyes:

Apparently it has been designated a "Good news only" day today.
Wonder what the US will pull out of the hat to keep the party going?

When S&P opens +10 handles, it doesnt usually end well, but I take your point about the big money.
I'm the biggest bull on the S&P in this weeks competition (worried yet Lexy :p) but we'll see later.

Re test of 1996 cash today.

F*ck me.
These guys are negotiating a way out of WW3 and they dont even come out of a meeting saying the same thing.

Attachments

• kcccc.jpg
    kcccc.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 204
  • chopchop.jpg
    chopchop.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 671
I f*cking LOVE vol... current screenshot of my trade blotter - all Dax CFDs - trade size is 0.25 and 0.5 of one FDAX lot (this PA too wild for me to put much size on).

This mornings PnL about +$2.2k

Nice mornings work

Can i ask why you are using CFD's rather than spreadbets.

Thanks

Chalky

Sry for the slow reply - I day-trade in a scalping style, so it's been really intense here this morning. To belatedly answer your question(s), I get a variety of info from different sources (the usual suspects like: squawk, industry news feeds etc). I also have a few contacts. This morning I got a heads-up and then all hell let loose. As you saw, the traditional news feeds are too slow in a fast market.

No probs with the belated reply Dow, thanks for the info, now all I need to do is acquire myself a city contact! :confused:

Can I message you for your views re SB v CFDs? (if you have time?)..

Thank you. Yes, I'm not a fan of SB companies. I'll avoid starting another argument on this topic (there are plenty on this forum) but let's just say that to succeed in this business you need the right tools and broker for your circumstances.

Thanks for the reply

I guess that you are talking about slippage, especially as you start to take money from the spreadbetters.