Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Russia seeking to de-escalate Ukraine conflict, according to RIA citing Russian Security Council Secretary

I don't see Hull MA as an option in IG pro-realtime charts

How do you use it? do you weight for a break for Hull MA before getting in?

Good Afternoon all,

Here you go : Pro Real time Library, just copy into your IG Indicators:

//ONCE y = 20 // This value is also the horizon of time over which the prediction is made. The larger y is, the larger the timeperiod over which we can interpret the indicator.
ONCE upTrend = 0
ONCE downTrend = 0
ONCE countHighs = 0
downTrendLength = 0
upTrendLength = 0
countUpTrends = 0 // Number of consecutive increasing bars
countDownTrends = 0 // Number of consecutive decreasing bars
countLows = 0
IF BarIndex > y+4 THEN
FOR x=0 TO y
IF Close[x]>Max(High[x+1],Min(High[x+2],Min(High[x+3],High[x+4]))) THEN
countHighs = countHighs + 1
upTrend = 1
ELSE
IF upTrend THEN
upTrendLength = countHighs + upTrendLength
countUpTrends = countUpTrends + 1
countHighs = 0
upTrend = 0
ENDIF
ENDIF
IF Close[x]<Min(Low[x+1],Min(Low[x+2],Min(Low[x+3],Low[x+4]))) THEN
countLows = countLows + 1
downTrend = 1
ELSE
IF downTrend THEN
downTrendLength = countLows + downTrendLength
countDownTrends = countDownTrends + 1
countLows = 0
downTrend = 0
ENDIF
ENDIF
NEXT
upTrendAvgLength = upTrendLength/countUpTrends // Average length of bullish trends
downTrendAvgLength = downTrendLength/countDownTrends // Average length of bearish trends
trendsAvgLength = (upTrendAvgLength+downTrendAvgLength)/2 // Average length of trending periods.
trendingIndex = 1-(countDownTrends + countUpTrends)/y // Number of bullish and bearish trends. The less there are in relation to the number of bars, the more trendy the value is aand the higher TrendingBars will be.
ELSE
trendingIndex = undefined
trendsAvgLength = undefined
ENDIF
IF BarIndex > 2*y THEN
trendingIndexMMy = Average[y](trendingIndex)
ELSE
trendingIndexMMy = undefined
ENDIF
IF trendsAvgLength THEN
ENDIF

RETURN trendingIndex COLOURED(255,0,0) AS "Trending index" , trendingIndexMMy COLOURED(255,128,0) AS "Trending index MA(y)" //, trendsAvgLength AS "Trends average length"

Hope that helps. Rob

spx futures
30 min data
1913 area to watch
2lt3ls2.gif

I don't see Hull MA as an option in IG pro-realtime charts

How do you use it? do you weight for a break for Hull MA before getting in?

Missed your post this am .. Dinos has posted the code .. nice one.

If you TRADE any average you will get whipped in and out and it will hurt. I use my s/r lines and use the Hull to confirm them. See chart. 8903 was a support line for me, it bounced and crossed the Hull. It then hit my resistance line at 8974 fdr and went under the Hull to confirm. Confluence is where it's at.

Attachments

• hull example.PNG
    hull example.PNG
    30.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Missed your post this am .. Dinos has posted the code .. nice one.

If you TRADE any average you will get whipped in and out and it will hurt. I use my s/r lines and use the Hull to confirm them. See chart. 8903 was a support line for me, it bounced and crossed the Hull. It then hit my resistance line at 8974 fdr and went under the Hull to confirm. Confluence is where it's at.

Thanks for this and thanks Dinos for the code, I just have to figure out where to put it!

Thanks for this and thanks Dinos for the code, I just have to figure out where to put it!

Hi mate, you can register for free with Pro real time and then select and add any indicator they provide which is not standard with IG.

Last edited:
Hi mate, you can register for free with Pro real time and then select and add any indicator they provide which is not standard with IG.

Does that mean I can't use IG charts? or does it somehow then become available on my IG charts?

Does that mean I can't use IG charts? or does it somehow then become available on my IG charts?

You still use IG's charts, you simply register with pro-realtime, www.prorealtime.com/en/indicator-library, select the indicator they provide (which is not standard on the IG platform.) and import into your IG Indicators, all free of charge, Its a very simple process.

Regards. Rob

Last edited:
Hopefully to add clarity... once you upgrade your IG account to use ProRealTime (PRT), IG's standard in-browser flash-based charts stop working as they assume you'll be using PRT for all charting from thereon in... so you have to then disable PRT if you want to go back and use the flash-based charts.

My 2 cents!

Hopefully to add clarity... once you upgrade your IG account to use ProRealTime (PRT), IG's standard in-browser flash-based charts stop working as they assume you'll be using PRT for all charting from thereon in... so you have to then disable PRT if you want to go back and use the flash-based charts.

My 2 cents!

Pro-realtime and standard charts working on my PC with IG

Last edited: