Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

So today, short anything over 55 on dax, and long everything under it, right up until 4.15pm.

Mate of mine started trading an account recently. Literally just jumped in without doing a seconds research. Probably a blessing, really, that he doesn't actually know what 'shorting the market' is and he thinks of the indicies as ''things that have to go up over time''. Unsurprisingly he's done really well so far, lol.
I wonder how much longer we'll be in an 'up only' market? Seems to have been forerver!
If we go to 40,000 dow or something in a few years, he'll be loaded, lol.

True to form it certainly looks like the equity markets have returned to being fundamentally driven and decent production numbers out of China were the catalyst this time. If we get a decent number out of the US today at 3pm this should see some follow through ahead of the main risk event numbers of the week out of the US on Thursday. The market has shrugged off the Iraq/Ukraine worries so far and Geo-political risk has really rolled back.

I am wondering how much of that equity selling in the last week of June was due to rebalancing of Q2 trackers, no way to tell for sure. Certainly the market was looking for a reason to sell off however there was no stomach for the FTSE to trade beneath 6700. Barring an unscheduled geo-political fear event I think this bull market is going to run for quite some time, particularly if numbers continue to impress. GL

PS - when will it stop - when every man and his dog are long and it becomes a crowded trade.

Last edited:
Hope it was clear I meant FTSE to close up ie above 6757. Its been doing stunningly well recently.

FTSE off and running from the start today, cant believe I dumped her for Daxy because she was so lifeless.

Gold dropped and then rebounded on this Monday to near three-month highs, reaching 1329.31.

Geopolitical instability has been underpinning the yellow metal in recent weeks.

This is not good news for Stocks.

True to form it certainly looks like the equity markets have returned to being fundamentally driven and decent production numbers out of China were the catalyst this time. If we get a decent number out of the US today at 3pm this should see some follow through ahead of the main risk event numbers of the week out of the US on Thursday. The market has shrugged off the Iraq/Ukraine worries so far and Geo-political risk has really rolled back.

I am wondering how much of that equity selling in the last week of June was due to rebalancing of Q2 trackers, no way to tell for sure. Certainly the market was looking for a reason to sell off however there was no stomach for the FTSE to trade beneath 6700. Barring an unscheduled geo-political fear event I think this bull market is going to run for quite some time, particularly if numbers continue to impress. GL

PS - when will it stop - when every man and his dog are long and it becomes a crowded trade.

http://www.usagold.com/cpmforum/2014/06/30/the-daily-market-report-392/

F*ck me that was quick, it took 14 hours to shrug off geopolitical risk.
Its almost like we shouldnt even factor it in to our trades. :whistling