Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

5630/40 should offer very good support today

John, I don't use tick charts for the FTSE, but I do use a 50 volume chart with the ADX indicator, but it is really for confirmation of what is going on.

5630/40 holding up quite well. 5636.4 is the 38% retracement on the 1 hr chart which if we are in a strong uptrend is a good pullback entry, but the ES hasn't pulled back enough for my liking. I would like to see it get back to 1295 and possibly 1291. If that's the case then 5636 shouldn't hold, but it's bounced nicely so far.

Gonna watch a movie for a while to chill .. nice morning !!!

The Last Samurai --- watch old Tom pouncing about in his high heel shoes whilst carrying a large steak knife..

Martin (et al)

I was a sort of late arrival to the thread so, to clear my mind, do you (et al) do your analysis and trade on the futures (if so what did you make of my post http://www.trade2win.com/boards/uk-indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-599.html#post1766458 ) ? I know mornington seemed to take the hump a bit that so much discussion centred around the cash - which seems reasonable given the thread title - and I wouldn't want to irritate others on here.

jon

Jon, I just base my analysis purely on the FTSE futures. I only use the cash on the daily and weekly charts and use ProReal charts end of day data. I saw your charts yesterday and didn't think there was enough difference between the two for me to favour one over the other.

Also if I were to trade off cash charts, they are usually based on the datafeed from the spreadbetting company, and they aren't always correct and prone to manipulation around data releases.

For Taylorites, cash charts are probably more important than a short term trader like me. I am just happy reading the price action of the futures and keeping it simple. For Fib numbers I tend to use 7am to 9pm prices and usually ignore out of hours highs or lows.

Jon, I just base my analysis purely on the FTSE futures. I only use the cash on the daily and weekly charts and use ProReal charts end of day data. I saw your charts yesterday and didn't think there was enough difference between the two for me to favour one over the other.

Also if I were to trade off cash charts, they are usually based on the datafeed from the spreadbetting company, and they aren't always correct and prone to manipulation around data releases.

For Taylorites, cash charts are probably more important than a short term trader like me. I am just happy reading the price action of the futures and keeping it simple. For Fib numbers I tend to use 7am to 9pm prices and usually ignore out of hours highs or lows.

Ok thanks (and to DJ). I just play about using cash - and ETX proxy at that :) - and talk about that and sometimes proreal for eod like you, although they don't recognise opening gaps and stick to the official rules of yesterday's close = today's open. Just wanting to be sure I wasn't offending - it was shame that mornington seems to have departed.

jon

We need to change the thread title:

Anyone sclaping, swinging, fibing, tayloring, snipering, pricing FTSE cash/futures??

now there is no confusion.

We need to change the thread title:

Anyone sclaping, swinging, fibing, tayloring, snipering, pricing FTSE cash/futures??

now there is no confusion.

:LOL: - wot's this sclaping technique then, sounds interesting

:LOL: - wot's this sclaping technique then, sounds interesting

Its a variation of Scalping, but with Sclaping you cant lose.

Very tricky technique to master. I'm only a purple belt and have been training for 10 years :confused:

i got a nice swing of the june low :)

i expect you have all spotted the 61 fib at 77 cash + trend line

s&p will probably want to test 1300 cash

Possible 2 step bullish gartlet on ES ... .. may test last swing high at 1pm.. below this level, then it aint a Gartley:cool:

am hoping this baby is going higher so I can start getting some short positions in..

in my view we are in a week where we start to see this rollover and come down next week , followed by another push up...

some good scalping/ swinging opps.. but in terms of positional plays the long side has lost it's risk reward for me.:whistling

The double bottom held on the FTSE. But I do think we have to break out of the range at some point before the close.
Not sure how much attention you all pay to daily ranges but this is very small.
Looks more likely to break low at the moment.
Maybe Dicks bottom channel line?