Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

2000 is just around the corner , could be important to attract the public ...

I don't knw anything about options, but I think we could see 3000 ES by the end of the year.
What sort of call do I buy? How much do they cost? (100% clueless about options!)

Last edited:
I don't knw anything about options, but I think we could see 3000 ES by the end of the year.
What sort of call do I buy? How much do they cost? (100% clueless about options!)

"..(100% clueless about options!)..."

I'll sell you some. ;)

3000 ?!

OK , buy Dec calls for either the SPY - the etf - or the SPX cash index . The Spy is 1/10 the size of SPX .

Example : SPX Dec 2200 call is around 2.75 , the contract is 1 = $100 . So basically it will cost you $275 + commissions , and if the SPX is around 3000 before expiration date this contract will be at 3000-2200 = 800 X $100 = $80K !
Lets assume we just get to 2300 , you would still make some nice profits : 2300-2200 = 100 X $100 = $10K minus your costs .

SPX options are cash settled no delivery of shares - exercise - .

Ofcourse such OTM options will most likely expire worthless ...

Last edited:
This is all good then.
Your average man in the street sells shares at exactly the right frequency to make a straight line on a 1 minute chart.
Oh wait a minute no that would be a computer program selling off shares at a uniform rate while everyone else is not trading these crazy markets.

Attachments

• wrong.png
    wrong.png
    54 KB · Views: 106
Watch out guys Oscar has everything going up today.
I'm totally confused, markets cant go down but Oscar says their going up!
Maybe they close no change until Oscar changes his mind.

Its the Oscar factor. :rolleyes:

If Dow / S&P falls into the close the game is up and everyone sells the crap out of it overnight / tomorrow.
So it must rally into the close.

Morning all,
lets see if Daxy can close over 10,000 on a real day.
Dow keeps bouncing off 16920 but for how long?