Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Anyone have the stats for how much 'Up' days the Dow has had this year, it must be unbelievable.
Grind it up day after day and then drop it like a hot potato then grind it up again.
I'm still long from 94 and its pissing me off so I can imagine how someone who is short must feel. :rolleyes:

Didnt even break even today. :(

Mate if you dont know whether the exchanges are open or closed you really shouldnt be trading.

Thanks for your advise.

You only have two moods.
1) Funny
2) Rude

It is difficult to analyze just like market.

Thanks for your advise.

You only have two moods.
1) Funny
2) Rude

It is difficult to analyze just like market.

I do apologise if you think I was being rude, I was offering some friendly advise in a poor way.
If you dont know the basics such as when the exchange you are trading is open or closed then you really should not be trading it.
The fact you are surprised your platform provider widened the spreads to 500 during the day suggests you are not familiar with their terms and conditions, this is also a rookie mistake that will cost you money.
Its bad enough not knowing what the market will do each day without the added difficulty of not understanding your provider and exchange.

Take a little time to get the basics right and it will will save you blowing up your account and dissapearing into the ether like so many of the recent people on this thread.

PS you missed Grumpy off your list.

I do apologise if you think I was being rude, I was offering some friendly advise in a poor way.
If you dont know the basics such as when the exchange you are trading is open or closed then you really should not be trading it.
The fact you are surprised your platform provider widened the spreads to 500 during the day suggests you are not familiar with their terms and conditions, this is also a rookie mistake that will cost you money.
Its bad enough not knowing what the market will do each day without the added difficulty of not understanding your provider and exchange.

Take a little time to get the basics right and it will will save you blowing up your account and dissapearing into the ether like so many of the recent people on this thread.

PS you missed Grumpy off your list.

I am familiar with my broker and i am not that beginner.
Before that, I was trading Forex and just start trading Futures Index. I know about spread widening.

I was unable to describe my question to you.

Forex has no central market exchange so it keeps moving, Right. I have been tested Dow, FTSE on demo account for few days and realized that the index keep moving even after Exchange closed. why ?

Why Price keep moving if stock exchange is closed ?
Why FTSE and DAX follow DOW after London Closed ?

The problem is you guys do not take anything serious and instead of helping new traders just make fun of them.

Before that, I was trading Forex and just start trading Futures Index. I know about spread widening.

Forex has no central market exchange so it keeps moving, Right. I have been tested Dow, FTSE on demo account for few days and realized that the index keep moving even after Exchange closed. why ?

The problem is you guys do not take anything serious and instead of helping new traders just make fun of them.

It's not our job to help anyone, we may, or may not, we all get on well on here, if you wish to learn, do what we all have done, read, read alot, then practice.

If you can't cope with people on here joking, then to be honest the market will eat you..................

The DAX and FTSE futures close at 2100 GMT. The DOW trades almost 24 hours except for a trading break around 2115 I think.

Crawl the Dow up one point at a time. No downward movement overnight, maybe a little pump to get things going for tomorrow. Just grind higher. :rolleyes:

What a surprise no downward movement overnight.
In fact no movement at all up or down on Dow and Dax,

Have you met the wife ...

She's a cheerful lass.

Wont be trading this.

Obviously this is just my opinion..i find that bumping my gums on my levels and the coming week helps me focus because I don't want to look like a tit ha ha:LOL:

europe I would say for the most part follows the US but occasionally gets out of sync ….i think the ftse is a bit out at the moment and looks like the leader of the pack ...so either the US follows and we get more upside or ...the US fails it's upside levels and continues south in which case the ftse the dax and uncle tom cobley will tank :)

the dax has already tested it's critical level at 9581 and I have 9642 as a bit of a cycle ...so theses are they :idea:

what's your view ?

ftse could struggle with 6870 feb high ....dax 9642 back in play ...s&p between eric & ernie at 1883/87 :)

jan high even ha

Last edited:
You can exit the DAX at what you thought was a good price, bag some points, then the darn thing spends the next hour 5 points higher than your exit point laughing at you..........showing cleavage......:p