Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi matey, TBH, I don't commit to a long or short bias as I trade the set ups as they occur, I find by not having a bias, I do not let profitable trades get away as "they didn't fit the bias".

Wednesday/Thursday best 2 days, I've had for a while.

I find that on shorter TF like M5 or tick charts (where some set ups are even better distinguished) it appears that it is better not to have any bias, because as you said that bias gets in the way of profitable trades. Also statisticians tell us that markets are ranging about 70%, so it makes sense to trade within the given range.

On a longer TFs I have been looking at some solutions too, like EW, Fibs and the Delta counts. At times that has provided some useful insights, and allows to get a position trade for up to a few days, but in a ranging markets even with the right orientation there are testing moments.
On account of these I have ended with few trading strategies, one for more active intra day trading and others more relaxed in respect of the monitor exposure.
-Intra day active (10 to 40 pips) on M5 or lower, (and I am looking to implement tick charts)
-intra day position trade looking at the close of the us session for all indices using H1, H4 and execution on M5, (20 - 80 pips on dax, bit more on dow)
-position trade on Higher TF H4, Daily where I am looking for longer swing trades often with multiple entries. That allows for larger profits at the expanse of trading frequency.

I will consider shorting dax on and below 9555 zone which is 10 pips below the close of Dax futures at the time of the us close yesterday.

Last edited:
This is the chart for today.

Attachments

• DaPlan.png
    DaPlan.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 98
Could this be considered "The perfect post" ! Vote like if you think so.

I'm at one with my trading, however, I'm always open to continue learning and value fellow members contributions and opinions on this thread. (y)

what's the correlation between the euro and dax ? Im presuming the weaker euro stronger the dax gets ?

The Dax has finally settled down.

The buyers have slowed the decline, lets see if wall st can lend a hand.