Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

covered short (at 532) on dow from the top almost 70 pips
Taken it on intra day momentum
possible that might be it for today

Nice, not confident on it, i'm FTSE, and DAX, on special occasions.........make points on the DOW but no confidence as my strategy doesn't give the same signals and it tends to feel a bit on a wing and a prayer.........:)

If in doubt, bail out.................fight the next one.

Yeah it's been cut now. A hard won 2 points.

I thought the US session might some more action this afternoon, but so far, it's been a bit poo.

Always plenty more trades out there to be had

Check out a tick chart on the s&p its been going up at a uniform rate for 30 minutes solid.
Algo...

Attachments

• mission.png
    mission.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 96
Nice, not confident on it, i'm FTSE, and DAX, on special occasions.........make points on the DOW but no confidence as my strategy doesn't give the same signals and it tends to feel a bit on a wing and a prayer.........:)
Dow can move fast and furious at times (Dax and Ftse too) but Dow is a much more narrower representation of the market than other indices. 50 pips moves on lets say M5 TF of Dow are not unusual, and if one has some momentum strategy it is possible to catch these moves. In this kind of trading it is important to take profits when they present themselves, 40 -60 pips at a time, but a few times a day, even with one direction bias in place. In addition to M5 which I use as a trigger TF I always look at H4 and the daily. Long time ago I have developed a very simple approach based on the price displayed of the us close, I buy 10 to 15 pips above it and sell when the price is 10 to 15 pips below it. There is little more to it, H4 and the Daily market structure, but this is a simple way of trading with very clear zones to create market orders in the evening and can also trade with this zones during the following day.
Why close of the us session on Wall St? I treat it as an important price level of the daily activity. Once that zone has been established I then try to trade in sync with H4 and the daily perspective. For intra day, smaller profits taken, for a position trade with multiple entries I apply a different strategy.

Last edited:
As per cutting my trade short resulted in it then moving to hit my target FML!

an extra 7 points left on the table there. Hey ho, it's why I drive a Clio and not a Ferarri :rofl

As per cutting my trade short resulted in it then moving to hit my target FML!

an extra 7 points left on the table there. Hey ho, it's why I drive a Clio and not a Ferarri :rofl

And if it had gone the other way, you would be buying a bus pass......many trades not just a few.........tis a hard job.

532.........For the hell of it..........:p

Is it 1 - 1 - 1......me SD and Paszkman, so far........:)

looking at the dow M5 TF there is a distinctive possibility for a 1 to 1 harmonic move to the down side for another 40 to 50 pips.
There is a LH in place and if that structure is not broken dow will finish around 500 zone

Last edited:
looking at the dow M5 TF there is a distinctive possibility for a 1 to 1 harmonic move to the down side for another 40 to 50 pips.
There is a LH in place and if that structure is not broken dow will finish around 500 zone

Is that your prediction for the close roughly, and watch SD, he will change his target at 8.59pm...........:D

Is that your prediction for the close roughly, and watch SD, he will change his target at 8.59pm...........:D
I try not to predict, I am saying there is a possible intra day trade with 15-20 pips SL with PT +50 pips, that's all