Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Attachments

• rand.jpg
    rand.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 64
speaking about gaps, does anyone know how it is possible that S&P200 (Australian Index) has no gaps..NONE..how can that be possible? There must be some arbitrage opportunities there..

http://www.premiumdata.net/support/asx-index-prices.php

Opening Price

There are several methodologies that could be used for the determining the open price of an index.

Open 1: Market-cap based index open (i.e. report the market cap of all constituent stocks BEFORE trading has occurred and AFTER any corporate action adjustments such as share placements, employee share offers, buybacks etc. have been made). This is the official method used by Standard and Poors for the S&P/ASX index series. A significant issue with this method is that it does not reflect the opening/first traded price at which any of the constituent stocks traded and therefore doesn't provide any indication of market opening gaps.

Open 2: First tick value of the index at 10:00:00 by using the first traded value of all of the constituent stocks at 10:00:00. However, since the ASX opens up in a staggered fashion (A-C open at 10:00:00, D-F open at 10:02:30 through to all stocks opening up by 10:09), this means that the first tick will only be representative of stocks with symbols starting with A, B or C).

Open 3: Calculated open (i.e. first reported trade) of all constituent stocks - ....

Open 4: Time-limited calculated open (i.e. first reported trade) ....

Currently Standard and Poors/ASX use the Open 1 methodology.

morning Jessi, morning everyone

March 1798

Morning SD, Morning every one...

After one of the most popular, powerful and signature consolidation yesterday, FTSE burst again today... bursting about 8-10 hrs of consolidation will take us near to 6700 now... if not 6700...

Next stop 6700 (y)