Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

dow well it's a big candle down on fri but i think we might get a magic carpet ride on monday

key areas 16340 by week end...i'll wind my neck in now:)

is it Dick Lexic, is it really him ?

I wonder if he will say hello, or has forgotten us

Hello sd.....sorry mate i went off air before i saw your post last night ....forgotten?

how could i ever forget "sudden death and the amazing technicoloured ftse thread" :clap:ha ha

I am still mucking around on the forex markets tha's why I haven't been posting on here ….havn't been keeping up to date with the indices to be honest.....

the thread looks great sd ….you do a brilliant job keeping it going ….YOU are the legend on here mate (y)....i think t2w should be paying you for your services :smart:

not forgetting all the other posters on this amazing thread.......

can anyone help me with mt4 charts....i started using them a while back but they are not on UK time zone and I don't think they can be changed ….anyone?

i wonder if postie is buying the dips?:)

MT4-UK time zone setting ?

can anyone help me with mt4 charts....i started using them a while back but they are not on UK time zone and I don't think they can be changed ….anyone?
(Dicklexic)
Me too-I use Oanda charts but would like to try their MT4 charts but cannot find a UK time setting?

Thoughts anyone ?

And since it's Sunday and markets asleep -has anyone tried Oanda CFD's for trading FTSE, Dax etc ?
Opinions on CFD's, in general, welcome.

Hello sd.....sorry mate i went off air before i saw your post last night ....forgotten?

how could i ever forget "sudden death and the amazing technicoloured ftse thread" :clap:ha ha

the thread looks great sd ….you do a brilliant job keeping it going ….YOU are the legend on here mate (y)....i think t2w should be paying you for your services :smart:

i wonder if postie is buying the dips?:)

Hi Dick Lexic.

thanks for kind words miss u on the thread.

The recent plunge in Dow we nailed it, long term sell signal from 16,463, weekly sell 16,370 (run shorts below there)

Have found 4 hour charts to be very very clear and also discovered the Bund, Bund is deep liquid contract very little manipulation from mischief makers. check out bund 4hr. it turns and trends for many bars

MT4 has huge support online. i know with fxcm they have a forum with many help files, think there may be an app for time zones.

can u do custom indicators in mt4? MT4 is the dogs ********

postie had a eureka moment in trading, he has now joined the illuminati

All,

Still trying to learn to trade properly after getting burned shorting earlier this year. Although got a few points on Friday.

From my novice point of view, looking at a the daily dow chart shows that Friday brought it down to underneath 20 on the RSI scale.

Also having looked at the weekly chart shows that for most of the year, it has followed the 20 week MA. Friday looks like it has touched the MA once again.

Now I am a little scared to against the bear trend but are these not good buy signals?

Hi Dick Lexic.

thanks for kind words miss u on the thread.

The recent plunge in Dow we nailed it, long term sell signal from 16,463, weekly sell 16,370 (run shorts below there)

Have found 4 hour charts to be very very clear and also discovered the Bund, Bund is deep liquid contract very little manipulation from mischief makers. check out bund 4hr. it turns and trends for many bars

MT4 has huge support online. i know with fxcm they have a forum with many help files, think there may be an app for time zones.

can u do custom indicators in mt4? MT4 is the dogs ********

postie had a eureka moment in trading, he has now joined the illuminati

Your welcome:)

yes I also use 4 hr bars since years ...a while back my sb co finspreads had some great charts that included 8 hour bars.... I used these every day but they changed their charting and we lost the 8 hour bars:( i don't use their charts now..

yes I can load custom indicators ...i have tried a few but don't use any at the mo except one called DailyLineBoxes this just pulls yesterdays top/bottom on to the current chart I find it useful ...

it's funny but I found the fxcm app today but I would need to use their platform so I might try the demo for a while thanks(y)

I always suspected postie had inside info:LOL:

oops think i made a boo boo with DailyLineBoxes it's not the tops and bottoms...

Last edited:
(Dicklexic)
Me too-I use Oanda charts but would like to try their MT4 charts but cannot find a UK time setting?

hi neil, you might like to check out fxcm here http://www.fxcmapps.com/metatrader-4/local-time-frames/

also mt4 custom indicators have an app called periodcon (period converter) i downloaded but now i can't find the link sorry .....doesn't seem to work anyway :(

The Wolf of Wolverhampton 'had it large' over the weekend after his amaze trading in the week.
A good session down the Crooked House followed by a balti on curry mile washed down with several pints of the black stuff.
Even the dog turned his nose up and walked out of the room the next morning and I've seen him eat his own poo!

I'm fighting fit and ready for the week ahead.

Bloody Marvelous.

It seems the support on FTSE @ 6600 and DOW @ 15700.

However, situation is wild... there can be surprises. Support and resistance will be broken easily.

Attachments

• FTSE_27JAN.jpg
    FTSE_27JAN.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 104
  • DOW_27JANV1.jpg
    DOW_27JANV1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
On the another note.. Gann angle suggests support around 6600 as well.

Attachments

• FTSE_27JANG.jpg
    FTSE_27JANG.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 84
morning Jessi

morning everyone

someone trying to spread negative stories about HSBC, people want to take the FTSE down.

Morning SD

I think a week ago there was a story about HSBC being 70 BL hole in their balance sheet...

Now this withdrawal restrictions story. Who knows, how the story will fold. Sounds scary.

Last edited:
Morning SD

I think a week ago there was a story about HSBC being 70 BL hole in their balance sheet...

Now this withdrawal restrictions story. Who knows, how the story will fold. Sounds scary.

seems like a nothing story that is being used to add to fear in markets, HSBC fell heavy.

SP500march needs to break 1784.8 in order to signal any bullishness

Which British bank has most exposure in Turkey, Russia, Egypt, Thailand and Argentina?

Need to do a bit of research....