Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hey guys, wow, just noticed, Sudden you've been here even longer than Jon :)

Makes me feel like a freshman !

Seriously good to see some oldtimers here though and not only all new faces.

Whats with all the chop in the Dax this morning, steroid overdose or what, staying well aside until that's sorted.

I think 97% of my posts have occurred in the past 3 or 4 years. 8 years stretch i think i posted very little.

old-age-retirement-wish-wishful_thinking-grass_is_greener-old_codgers-park_benches-dpan3503l.jpg

:)

I think 97% of my posts have occurred in the past 3 or 4 years. 8 years stretch i think i posted very little.

And I think that's the time I had my sabbatical from here when I wasn't posting much.

That codger there refers to postmans assessment btw.

Not saying that that part about not getting down the fence applies in this particular case or not.
:D

dom today
EUROPEAN OVERVIEW
The indices finally seem to have rediscovered their mojo. The FTSE and DAX are rallying nicely, and I expect the S&P 500 to make new record highs very soon. The latter event should force a lot of traders to reconsider their bearish line Jessie Trader. A new high equals a new buy in most sensible trendfollowing approaches.

First article on the T2W home page
http://www.trade2win.com/articles/1844-supply-demand-fed
The basic principle of buying low and selling high or selling high and buying low is how we derive profit when buying and selling anything...
For example, at every level in school when we are taught to buy stocks as investments, we are told to wait for certain criteria to become true BEFORE we buy. These criteria include but are not limited to:

Good company
Strong earnings
Healthy balance sheet
Quality management
Stock price trending up
Moving averages sloping higher
When all these criteria are true, WHERE DO YOU THINK THE PRICE OF THE STOCK IS? It will almost always be high,

And I think that's the time I had my sabbatical from here when I wasn't posting much.

That codger there refers to postmans assessment btw.

Not saying that that part about not getting down the fence applies in this particular case or not.
:D

and good to see you back too it is :)

Jon I was really happy to see you are still here too :)

Very nice article you wrote there too !!!

First article on the T2W home page
http://www.trade2win.com/articles/1844-supply-demand-fed
The basic principle of buying low and selling high or selling high and buying low is how we derive profit when buying and selling anything...
For example, at every level in school when we are taught to buy stocks as investments, we are told to wait for certain criteria to become true BEFORE we buy. These criteria include but are not limited to:

Good company
Strong earnings
Healthy balance sheet
Quality management
Stock price trending up
Moving averages sloping higher
When all these criteria are true, WHERE DO YOU THINK THE PRICE OF THE STOCK IS? It will almost always be high,

Sam I love his stuff

OK thats 9760 on Dax which makes the head and shoulders I was talking about yesterday.
FTSE has had its fake break above 6840.
When the Dow lets them, these markets are going to move.

...............When all these criteria are true, WHERE DO YOU THINK THE PRICE OF THE STOCK IS? It will almost always be high,..............

aye, most of the pros I know are in the buy high, sell higher (sell low, buy lower) camp since they are always looking for momentum

Well sir, history repeat:

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done, and there is no new thing under the sun."

We are approaching fast:

Attachments

• imagesCAJEEAVR.jpg
    imagesCAJEEAVR.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 361
......................true, WHERE DO YOU THINK THE PRICE OF THE STOCK IS? It will almost always be high,

this sounds like CANSLIM which is a pretty reliable investment strategy, William O'Niel.

quote from wiki

The goal of the strategy is to discover leading stocks before they make major price advances. These pre-advance periods are "buy points" that are emerging from price consolidation areas (or "bases"), typically in the form of a "cup & handle" price pattern, of at least 7 weeks on weekly price charts.
The strategy is one that strongly encourages cutting all losses at no more than 7% or 8% below the buy point, with no exceptions, to minimize losses and to preserve gains. It is stated in the book, that buying stocks from solid companies should generally lessen chances of having to cut losses, since a strong company (good current quarterly earnings-per-share, annual growth rate, and other strong fundamentals) will usually shoot up—in bull markets—rather than descend.

the investment strategy that beats 95% of other investos is buy and hold and maintain an age appropriate mix of stocks and bonds.

the market offers you the best return + risk premium between 3-6 %. the problem is that most fund managers eat the reward that belongs to you,

these are the ideas of Vanguard founder John Bogle,

if u earn 3-6% above cash when this is compounded over 30-40 years your return is huge. most of the investment industry is trying to prevent u from doing what is in your best interest since they cannot earn fees for churning and their investment "advice from a passive low cost investment strategy,

"dont look for the needle in the haystack.. buy the whole haystack"

Last edited: