Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Earlier profits have just been taken out by trying to trade this sideways FTSE.
Still got loads to learn at this game.

Today is in no way representative of how to trade the ftse.
The market is incredibly thin due to the Dow / S&P not trading.
Next week will see a better trading opportunity for us all.

Attachments

• st.jpg
    st.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 106
  • pota.jpg
    pota.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 390
For those who fancy duck for christmas, the index went above the 60 average, making all three ducks in position for buying strategies. 3 ducks is intended for forex but no one, that I know,has definitely said that it cannot be used for indices. I keep an eye on it, because a lot of people say it is good. For me, it is another tool and it does no harm to have a 60 average on the chart.

For those who fancy duck for christmas, the index went above the 60 average, making all three ducks in position for buying strategies. 3 ducks is intended for forex but no one, that I know,has definitely said that it cannot be used for indices. I keep an eye on it, because a lot of people say it is good. For me, it is another tool and it does no harm to have a 60 average on the chart.

Which index ?

Papa duck on the 4 hour, but it has dipped below, again. Above 72, it needs to be, but the market is teetering about, either way, this morning.

hmm :confused:

so do u look out onto the pond in your garden and count the ducks if their are more than 60 you go long if less than u go short? interesting societal based indicator

in hong kong they have an indicator "number of ships in the bay" similar to your duck counting

Last edited:

so do u look out onto the pond in your garden and count the ducks if their are more than 60 you go long if less than u go short? interesting societal based indicator

in hong kong they have an indicator "number of ships in the bay" similar to your duck counting

In London they have the cranes index. (Not the bird, the metal thing used to put up buildings).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/magazinemonitor/2009/08/green_shoots_and_leaves_iv.shtml
The idea of a "crane" index is a long-established one - that the number of big ones on the skyline indicates economic activity and confidence

Some time before, I just guessed how ftse is going to move today by looking into the price action.
I drew lines on my chart for next couple of bars which I was expecting to happen. have a look into chart funny :cool:

Attachments

• ftse_29Nov.jpg
    ftse_29Nov.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 88

No, I wind them up and they go quacking around the bath. There are only three involved amd they have to be all above the 60 average. 4H, 1H and 5 minutes. When they are all above, you only buy and when they all below you only sell. When they are not in line, you do nothing, which is what I don't like about them, as it is a bit slow, IMO.

Anyway, Captain Currency has a popular thread going, for those interested but, in a nutshell, I've said it all, except that it confirms the direction you should be in, nothing else.

In London they have the cranes index. (Not the bird, the metal thing used to put up buildings).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/magazinemonitor/2009/08/green_shoots_and_leaves_iv.shtml
The idea of a "crane" index is a long-established one - that the number of big ones on the skyline indicates economic activity and confidence

hmm

there is a skyscraper index, roughly says when a country sets a record for the tallest building it usually precedes an economic collapse, "cantillons effect"

lets hope splitlink's ducks are not an omen of doom !