Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

FTSE 100 potentially about to break into positive territory at 6730? Personally I'm looking to go short around 6750 today with a wide stop loss.

I have called my broker and asked them to automatically ignore all my Dax short trades from now on.
They have an abysmal track record.

Attachments

• dax50.PNG
    dax50.PNG
    57 KB · Views: 117
The margin debt story is particularly interesting because I’ve had some personal experiences with it. I’ll never forget October 2008 when I was on the phone with an old friend of mine who worked on the institutional debt desk at Deutsche Bank. It was late in the evening NYC time and he was still in the office sorting through the **** show that had just transpired during the work day. I was in California and the sun was still shining. The world seemed fine. But my friend’s world was falling apart. He’d been dealing with clients all day who were being forced out of positions they didn’t actually want to sell because they were margined up.

Read more at http://pragcap.com/margin-debt-what-does-it-really-tell-us#vIBiyR8IavPYGJ6U.99

I'm out at 9018 for +1.
I should have got out a lot sooner as the Dax was all over the place and not really showing direction.
I still think it will go down but I'm not trading what I think. :whistling

There will be other trades.

I'm out at 9018 for +1.
I should have got out a lot sooner as the Dax was all over the place and not really showing direction.
I still think it will go down but I'm not trading what I think. :whistling

There will be other trades.

Like the epic Dow short brewing?:)

The vexing question of the day is.
Does the dumb money put its November cash into stocks at the open pushing the index up then letting it fall later. Or do they wait and let the index fall then push it up at the close?

The vexing question of the day is.
Does the dumb money put its November cash into stocks at the open pushing the index up then letting it fall later. Or do they wait and let the index fall then push it up at the close?

Judging by the last few days, there will be a rather large dip just after open. I am waiting for my Dow short entry price.

I see another stop-out on the horizon.:(

To say that this morning's Chicago PMI report for October was good would be an understatement. While economists were forecasting the headline reading to come in at 55.0, the actual reading was more than 10 points higher at 65.9. October's increase (+10.2) represented the third largest one-month increase in the history of the report (since 1967), and the largest monthly increase in more than thirty years (July 1983). Relative to expectations, this morning's report was the strongest since March 2007.

this might have been yesterday, might be dampening some of the short bias, getting emails about this today.

Last edited: