Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

FTSE short nearly 15 points down. Know I should be trading the trend but cannot bring myself to go long at such high levels. Anyway covered with a low stake long DOW.

Ian

You didnt miss much - the usual ramp up the prices thing.

yes, dow will be interesting we have opening gap from yesterday to be worked on.

dow cash close is approx 6723, think 6760 will require some effort to overcome. that is range implied from last weeks op ex

i thoght dax 9000 was shoe in, yesterday dax cash range ....38pts and dow did not hit our 540 missed by 11pts, everyone is a bull and market does not go up in that situation. I will dial back pivot targets from now. when Acampora looking for dow 12,000 dow was able to rally 800pts in fast brutal manner. he is bullish now so we are all screwed, even gives very plausible soundly argued logic for his reasons we will go higher. we must be happy eeking out 50pts on dow long signals and what ever can be scraped from dax sub 40 range

dip buying tended to work, dow may need backing and filling

dow buy/sell 530/490

be back 11:45

rain delayed my morning workout

hi SuddenDeath,

Can I know where do you get the pivot buy/sell points for DOW?
Is it by looking at the high and low of the previous day candles?

hi SuddenDeath,

Can I know where do you get the pivot buy/sell points for DOW?
Is it by looking at the high and low of the previous day candles?

the level of pivot is not important, the pivots cause you to, buy strength and sell weakness while most people do the opposite. I create my own I do not know if they are better or worse than anyone else's. people have an idea that dow falls 90 pts I will buy it and it rallies 70pts, the evidence suggest dow falls 90 it will fall more and close weak. I got the idea for pivots from a video I posted on this site by a trader I will repost it here. Also from a book by Larry Williams Long Term Secrets to short term trading

http://www.amazon.com/Long-Term-Sec...=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382701481&sr=1-5

Dax has established 9000 is not an obstacle, so now we can flush out the longs on the downside. (y)

Dax has established 9000 is not an obstacle, so now we can flush out the longs on the downside. (y)

dow edges towards todays buy pivot has already hit sell pivot, so indecision.

shame we cant see how many sell orders sitting at 9000