Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

mornin' all

still hanging on to that damn ftse/dow pair - took another trip into deeper waters lasts night but nearly in the shallows again. The beach is in sight but I wish the flippin' thing would hurry up and make a dash for dry land, I got golf to play today.

mornin' all

still hanging on to that damn ftse/dow pair - took another trip into deeper waters lasts night but nearly in the shallows again. The beach is in sight but I wish the flippin' thing would hurry up and make a dash for dry land, I got golf to play today.

morn barjon, option expiry today might give u a escape

morn barjon, option expiry today might give u a escape

We live in hope :LOL: Quite apart from the extreme weakness while I was away last week ftse has traded weak vs dow every day this week, albeit only marginally the last two days. It's well overdue for flexing its muscles a bit.

read an article in a traders mag from 2003 it has a formula to calculate pivots ...just wondered how they compare to yours

I got 6607/6574

for today. But I usually go by SP500sept levels which means ftse manipulation cannot shake me out.

sp500sept

1715/1704

3.8427 is ftse/sp500 ratio. so we get 1704 * 3.8427 = 6548.

today I think the expiry fun and games trumps levels. SP500 is extremely strong since it is way above neutral pivot levels. it has been this way since the move from 1635.

I got 6607/6574

for today. But I usually go by SP500sept levels which means ftse manipulation cannot shake me out.

sp500sept

1715/1704

3.8427 is ftse/sp500 ratio. so we get 1704 * 3.8427 = 6548.

today I think the expiry fun and games trumps levels. SP500 is extremely strong since it is way above neutral pivot levels. it has been this way since the move from 1635.

thanks

We live in hope :LOL: Quite apart from the extreme weakness while I was away last week ftse has traded weak vs dow every day this week, albeit only marginally the last two days. It's well overdue for flexing its muscles a bit.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the action (volatility) happens during the NY session once again?
AUD/YEN continue to be a nice trendy pair for UK session trading:)

I wouldn't be surprised if all the action (volatility) happens during the NY session once again?
AUD/YEN continue to be a nice trendy pair for UK session trading:)

aye, the water's only lapping round my ankles now but I'm off to golf so leave it and wait to see how US session transpires.

Hello y'all

Hi guys... I know I havent posted for a while... but am sharing this FTSE100 view with a few folks and didnt want to miss you out..... not cast in stone of course (nothing is) ... but thought it was an interesting picture to dwell on alongside your own views...

Attachments

• FTSE analysis.png
    FTSE analysis.png
    44 KB · Views: 126
Hi guys... I know I havent posted for a while... but am sharing this FTSE100 view with a few folks and didnt want to miss you out..... not cast in stone of course (nothing is) ... but thought it was an interesting picture to dwell on alongside your own views...

thanks DaddyJohn

hello dj hope your well

Hi Dick.. yes I am fine thanks... how is life for you?

heard anything from DC? I still keep in touch with Mark Asker.. e is running his own trading room now .. has about 40 paying members.... I think he took it over from FTSE day....