Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

There is not much doubt, in my mind, that losses have to be kept as small as possible and, if possible, always break even rather than take a loss.

Today, being able to stay close to my computer. I have traded 5 times-

The results are, -10; +2; -5; +3; +36. Total +36

This can only be done by practising short stops. Mine are 10 points. but I manually get out sooner, if I do not like the trade All these trades were shorts, as I had the idea that FT would go lower, today.

I'm not good enough to get the timing right, so I have to do it this way,

nice going, split - not sure about your maths though :LOL:

Split,
If you get 30+ points a day at £10 per point, not a bad days work?
Good luck.:)

The winner was great to have. Unfortunately, it is not always that way. My real intention was to carefully watch all the trades and not to have false hopes. Without the last trade I would have netted zero. That, believe it, or not, would have satisfied me, too, because tomorrow is another day.

“The One Chip Rule”

Back in the early 1970s I met one of my mentors. His name was Jimmy and back then he had been a professional gambler for more than 30 years. One night over cocktails I asked him, “Hey Jim, how is it you have been able to live as a professional gambler for three decades?” His response was, “I adhere to the one chip rule.” “What’s that?” I questioned. “Well, I learned very early in the gambling business that every time I won 10 ‘chips’ I needed to .........................

Jeffrey Saut: “The One Chip Rule” | AdvisorAnalyst Views

spx the sp500 cash?

cash is 5 above future and future has a low of 1690.25

so it is working
yeah..1696 area

was a couple of points out on the short side.but it was an area.. was a good pivot area to go long on the bounce
cash index
gld is the good stuff..plenty of pips there...nobody can put a value on the yellow metal
to me it is worthless...but who cares

Last edited:
Ok, you guys, ------------I can take it!

I wonder if that's why I've been winning on paper all these years?

For the rest, who never check up on me, because of my reputation as a gentleman, everything was correct, except the total. +26 points :D

Jon, that is right, isn't it. I'll work it out on paper next time.

Last edited:
:LOL: now if I was pb that would be enough to "expose" split as a fraud and a scam artist only interested in relieving us of our money in some way. In fact, of course, we know he is a perfect gentleman who always talks a lot of pragmatic good sense :)

Keep it up, Jon. Tell us more!

spx 5 min
a possible new downtrend
started today
5 min data
no real test of trend as yet
2eulkdg.gif

we need to go into the 1700 area to really test the bulls

Ok, you guys, ------------I can take it!

I wonder if that's why I've been winning on paper all these years?

For the rest, who never check up on me, because of my reputation as a gentleman, everything was correct, except the total. +26 points :D

Jon, that is right, isn't it. I'll work it out on paper next time.

Nice trading Split.

Hope you not in charge of working out Spain's unemployment numbers.

Looking for a bounce in Hong Kong today, ASX should remain strong.
Which should see you guys open a bit higher in the morning,
RIO reports on Thursday.

good morning everyone

dow been trending lower overnight, some asian markets fell heavy. big cap ftse stocks continue fall

BP lose to trendline support 444 (last 448.4)

Morning All

Japan was the big mover(YEN driven).
ASX also took a big hit today.
BHP and RIO down 2%

dick
where did you get the screen marker
i went to a site and looked like some viruses were lurking