Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

during the past 11 day 275pts FTSE advance has anyone been bullish ? this is why it keeps going up few bulls.

This is it, be interesting to see how many of the bulls actually have been long, or are just watching it and then saying look its obvious its going up !

I was watching mervyn king this morning, and he was saying that interest rates need to be normalised, when markets "see" this coming then u are likely to have this correction, I wonder if this is the reason fed/boe are injecting money into both financial markets and housing markets to dampen the correction when it comes. We have to find the most sensitive and early indicator of interest rates becoming normalised

I thought bullish before the open on the ASX because of the overseas lead's.
And you know what thought done, I lost.
And spent the rest of the day working off charts/volume to get back square.

Goodnight Everyone

This is it, be interesting to see how many of the bulls actually have been long, or are just watching it and then saying look its obvious its going up !

I would say the strongest bull has been Dentist who uses those point and figure charts which take discretion from trend analysis. if you use such techniques the market no longer appears to be a rorschach test. i read in gary smith's book point and figure is also used by many floor traders.

the point is that since the majority are going to lose in the stock market, the fact that bulls are in the minority tells you that the market will rise, the market takes from the many and gives to the few

I was watching mervyn king this morning, and he was saying that interest rates need to be normalised, when markets "see" this coming then u are likely to have this correction, I wonder if this is the reason fed/boe are injecting money into both financial markets and housing markets to dampen the correction when it comes. We have to find the most sensitive and early indicator of interest rates becoming normalised

Think we are starting to see that alreadiy in Treasuries/bund/gilts etc IMO

I thought bullish before the open on the ASX because of the overseas lead's.
And you know what thought done, I lost.
And spent the rest of the day working off charts/volume to get back square.

Goodnight Everyone

Well, I thought bearish on Euro/USD and that went up. I lost 24 points on that. I turned my trading platform off in disgust and will see what I can do after lunch.

Dow Dax FTSE all at highs right before the most important news of the week - so nobody knows what the news is then :whistling

Dow cash close = FTSE 6719

so ftse at 6712 implies minus 15pts, If dow can take out its high we get FTSE 6734

They didn't want anyone buying that dip. - IG showing 15240 / 42 now back up to 15254 / 55.

Intertrader - "Call" - in other words "Your screwed"!! Nasty.

13.39 - still showing "Call" -that's why you need 2 accounts. (Or more to the point thats why you need to shut your intertrader account).

I'm guessing when the market settles above 15250 Intertrader will start quoting prices again....

Huzza - stable above 15250 and Intertrader back 'online' (read - not deliberately taken offline).

Still only 18 minute without an online trading platform - that's acceptable, isn't it? :eek: