Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Only worth trading overnight if there had been a specific bit if news or your with trend !

Only worth trading overnight if there had been a specific bit if news or your with trend !

Why would you even bother selling. 6 months of straight line gains. Anyone buying and selling would not be up over someone holding.

Does anyone have any recent experience of overnight trading and what do they think?

I wrote off trading overnight as being too spike prone but I have not heard anything of the dreaded Globex for a long time.

Times change and I was wondering if the overnight market is more tradeable than it was, years ago.

Definitely, the fear of getting stopped out by spikes is what stops me from leaving my trades on when I am not able to watch the price after, say, 1900 hours.

I am thinkng of buying the future, instead of the daily, and giving it a try but have not done any extensive backtesting on this.

Hi Splitlink

I leave several small size limit orders in the overnight everyday.
Have a very wide stop, but have an alert on my phone to wake me up if getting close to the stop.

Use the cash session for S/R and look for positions outside of these.
Will get fills 1 or 2 days a week.

Sometimes can get in a good position that you would not get in the cash market.
Also works well when one side of the world is bullish and the other is bearish, or vise verse.

maybe long only:cool:

"The FTSE 100 has staged an 11-month rally, marking its longest winning streak on record since its inception in 1984"

FTSE 100 achieves longest winning streak on record - Telegraph

but i wonder how long it can continue :eek:

Did you notice that EVERY comment on that story (by telegraph readers) was disbelief. I think we all recognise this as a 'trick' to make people believe everything is ok and go out and spend money again.
However it is going to be difficult to call the top, I've been expecting it for over a week now...

good morning everyone

strong rebound friday.

SP500 june bearish unless can break 1629.6 (1632.9 for weekly buy trigger)

Dax buy entry 8313

Morning guys ! feel like we could sell off here but not liking the gaps in Dow and S&P that need to be filled ! Is this the bears week....................... wouldnt like to call it yet until i see dax breaking 8269 on the cash, today low 8270 on IG as it refuses to give up this bullish trend line !

Morning guys ! feel like we could sell off here but not liking the gaps in Dow and S&P that need to be filled ! Is this the bears week....................... wouldnt like to call it yet until i see dax breaking 8269 on the cash, today low 8270 on IG as it refuses to give up this bullish trend line !

Morning Talbs, Vix made a multi week low friday, Friday Dow closed on the highs, usually you get more strength the next trading day

today ftse may make its ... 8th consecutive up close.

Morning Talbs, Vix made a multi week low friday, Friday Dow closed on the highs, usually you get more strength the next trading day

today ftse may make its ... 8th consecutive up close.

Thing is they pushed for the higher close on friday night, very artificial, normally get a good push Mon/tuesday ahead of option exp, but to be honest something does feel quite right this morning , just sold some dax at 90 gonna see how that goes with stops above last weeks high

Out of Dax now see what happens ! still not liking that Gap in US indices and as Bustech pointed out big divi in Dow on Tuesday !

Thing is they pushed for the higher close on friday night, very artificial, normally get a good push Mon/tuesday ahead of option exp, but to be honest something does feel quite right this morning , just sold some dax at 90 gonna see how that goes with stops above last weeks high

I always see the close as very important, thats when big blocks of shares are crossed, the market was willing to trade those big blocks at very high prices, "painting the close" think that happens but the Vix at multi week lows is not confirming that.

Numerous analysts – often the same ones that were bearish just six months ago – continue to talk up US equities using a variety of metrics. These include comparisons of dividend yields or PE ratios to treasuries, etc. One of the more unusual metrics is the so-called Rule of 20. Developed over 30 years ago by Jim Moltz, the rule states that for equities to be “fairly” valued , the average PE ratio plus the inflation rate has to be around 20.

U.S. Equities and the “Rule of 20″

I always see the close as very important, thats when big blocks of shares are crossed, the market was willing to trade those big blocks at very high prices, "painting the close" think that happens but the Vix at multi week lows is not confirming that.

Very tough at the minute its all about if the FED is taking away the juice, this market could come off quite quickly, i dont think its will be a huge correction but a sell off non the less !

Very tough at the minute its all about if the FED is taking away the juice, this market could come off quite quickly, i dont think its will be a huge correction but a sell off non the less !

mornin' - yeah, it's all about net money flow. Net inflow and up she must go, turn off the tap and the outflow drip could well become a flood.