Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

While it is quiet and price action is lousy. Here is a 1 hour chart for the last few days. The way I read it is that yesterday was a buying day (day 1 of 3), and today should be a Z day or sell day with a close near the previous high. Possibly tomorrow should be a short sell day, with an early high followed by a selloff. Monday was the last day of a 5 day cycle (uptrend).

Attachments

• 19 Oct 2011 highs and lows on one hour chart.jpg
    19 Oct 2011 highs and lows on one hour chart.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 146
So they were waiting until the cash close to see who blinks first. Lots of volume on the close. The FTSE tried to force it lower into the cash close, whereas the ES was pushing up. The FTSE finally capitulated at 4:29pm and had to go up. Someone in the city lost some money there.

I made 40 points on Dax, first thing. Lost 14 on FT this morning and, this afternoon, after a lot of up and down, I've given up to break even +1.5 points.

It's been a crap afternoon.

It was a day to sit on the sidelines. The price action was crap, and the desire to force it was too strong.

I was doing so well.. riding i tup and then those pesky Germans started talking and "smash" down it went.

worse day for me personally in a long long time

I was doing so well.. riding i tup and then those pesky Germans started talking and "smash" down it went.

worse day for me personally in a long long time

You had to mention the Germans. Bad day for me too. Chalk it up to experience, and maybe some adherence to the rule that if the price action is bad, just don't trade.

Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout
Revolution, Evolution, Masturbation, Flagellation, Regulation,
Integrations, mediations, United Nations, congratulations
All we are saying is give Zee a chance
All we are saying is give Zee a chance

can I buy 2oz pear drops and some ftse please

certainly that will be £5 4s 20d

my levels for tomorrow

5503/09

5462 - PH

5352 - PL

5284/90

but based on the consolidation pattern we seem to be putting in then 5290 to 5400 looks possible.. todays momentum probably taking us into the low and then back up again.. I am finding that with the current choppiness it is best to either stay out or wait patiently until a good low or high appears and then sit back take profits as it moves and move trail your stops. Would welcome others views.

I would like the DOW gap down at 400 but thats just greedy

the pear drops thing reads buy 2 ftse at 5420