Anyone know what happened to crude in the wee hours?

john5000

Any explanations for this nearly $4 spike in after hours oil????

Attachments

• qm_afterhrs_27032007.JPG
    qm_afterhrs_27032007.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 373
Iran attacks a US military vessel ...

john5000 said:
Any explanations for this nearly $4 spike in after hours oil????

apparently Iran attacks us ship........ :(

Atilla said:
Is this for real? No mention on news...
its real,...i saw it with mine own eyes...the top at 70s, no liqudity and the arabs nuclar statement, pushed it to the sky...i was freezed...who wouldnt be...lol

I think it started with a story on http://www.debka.com/
this allied with Blair comments and we were away.
Amazing how much you could make in the markets if you were posting stories for this site.
One thing I think is clear is the demonstration of the risk you are taking being short. I expect some of the shorts out there are quietly taking in some cl this morning with trembling hands.

TWI said:
I think it started with a story on http://www.debka.com/
this allied with Blair comments and we were away.
Amazing how much you could make in the markets if you were posting stories for this site.
One thing I think is clear is the demonstration of the risk you are taking being short. I expect some of the shorts out there are quietly taking in some cl this morning with trembling hands.

Hi everyone,

This website link runs the SVGControl Module 2.0. Can't find any thing on it on google so beware... That is a security warning to run ActiveX controls... Begs the question why?

I was short on SPX and Gold and had a wondeful time yesterday.

However, I did try and short oil after I found out it was rumour but couldn't for some reason. Put it down to CMC... Watched it go down from 65 to 64 :)

What is the SVGControl Module 2.0? I just do not allow activeX to run when prompted.
The website is a mainstream political analysis site that has huge hit rate.

TWI said:
What is the SVGControl Module 2.0? I just do not allow activeX to run when prompted.
The website is a mainstream political analysis site that has huge hit rate.

I looked it up on google couldn't find anything meaningful.

Decided not to run it.

My question is if F-Secure flags it as a security and it's an unsigned Active-X control, what is it doing?

Don't know I'm afraid. Needs more looking into but don't have time.

Just shorted Crude based on news.

Turkey's negotiators have received assurances the 15 UK troops can be visited.

Flash news says hostage crises is near resolution.?

Perhaps premature but trade the rumour.

Watching it closely.

Atilla said:
Just shorted Crude based on news.

Turkey's negotiators have received assurances the 15 UK troops can be visited.

Flash news says hostage crises is near resolution.?

Perhaps premature but trade the rumour.

Watching it closely.

Rumour seems to be true. Bloomberg commenting on release of the female soldier...

Progresss.

Pos closed I'm out. Easy pips for 5 min move.

I have stayed away. No point in buying the strength that's for sure. With this geopolitical environment it is scalping or wild punting at this price. Front spreads still suggest no shortage of crude. Better trades out there in precious or NG.

Last edited:
TWI said:
I have stayed away. No point in buying the strength that's for sure. With this geopolitical environment it is scalping or wild punting at this price. Front spreads still suggest no shortage of crude. Better trades out there in precious or NG.

No quite right. It was risky shorting but I've been having a good day and couldn't resist the temptation. Apparently it was a 30min trade but paid off.

I think everyone is poised waiting for an incident. Don't like this feeling but fwiw I reckon it's got some way to go further up until hostilities are over.

Atilla, you have bigger balls than I. I am happy to sit on other longs and see what ahppens. I agree that if something kicks off then crude will be great long but so will precious. If there is a sudden resolution crude is likely to tank hard. I have no control over this situation and no clue what will happen in next minute or month. A move like that which occured last night is a real signal not to short this but finding it hard to justify initiating a long here.

TWI said:
However, Just received this.

The rumors of military activity near Iran are flying and so are the denials.
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20070327/62697703.html

The Americans always favour flanking manevours. Can't see one here. If war is launched. I'd guess some attacks from Northern Iraq - Afghanistan and the Gulf.

However, what better cover than military exercises.

I'm dead certain the Iranian air space will be violated in anticipation of air craft being scrambled. But there is no knock out strike and there is no exit.

The US I guess would need to consider the start - the middle and the end. Think it through. How will it end? What if? Also there is a big financial cost to these military exercises. I'm still not sure what the US is trying to achieve.

The hostages might be freed but I can't see any resolution in sight in near term. These exercises will last at least 2 to 3 days. Only further escallation.

Thank you for your kind comments but I only took the risk because I made some excess pips (if I may call them that) beyond my targets earlier on. Easy come easy go.

I got out at 64.08 and now May USCrudeOil is at 64.74. Now if I had taken that long bet as I suspected a bounce - I might have boasted about the crown jewels but no I didn't and I agree too risky for what it's worth. :!: