Anyone know about Collective2

cofton

I came across this website :

Collective2 - The Trading System Authority

Just wondered if any T2W members are familiar with it and if you think the site will be of interest to other members.

I had a quick browse and watched their video and I think there could be useful info on the site. Anyone looking at systems may find the whole site of interest, there are even some free systems.

Any views and opinions would be welcome (and no I am not an affiliate and I have nothing to do with the site (y))

Be happy

Cofton

I have traded a few systems on C2, with dissapointing results. Most of the systems are run by rank amatuers, that ride their luck for a while (generally at very high leverage), but then when they have a drawdown can't handle it and blow up your account. I have watched numerous systems on C2 go really well, then once they get a number of subscribers, crash and burn. The performance figures in the track record are inflated as they do not include commissions, slippage or autotrade fees. They note this, but then suggest a figure for commissions that is 50 or 60% less than any of there brokers charge - I think this unethical conduct is sufficient to avoid them. I won't trade one of their systems again.

Thanks alexadav.

The site looked quite professional to me but I see where you're coming from, thanks for letting T2W know of your experience.

Collective2 is a great site if you are a system developer looking to attract capital. If you have a "real" system, you do have the ability to use it as a real-time track record, although you should also be trading it with real money as well, regardless of how small your account is. If your system is not robust, you can get people to sign up for subscriptions and make money that way with a couple of good months. This is all positive for the developer.

If you are a trader looking for a system that you can follow to make money, don't bother. It is never a good idea to trade someone elses system. Instead look at the trades those systems make, and see if you can understand the logic behind why each trade was made, then develop your own system fit to your own style and risk profile.

I have traded a few systems on C2, with dissapointing results. Most of the systems are run by rank amatuers, that ride their luck for a while (generally at very high leverage), but then when they have a drawdown can't handle it and blow up your account. I have watched numerous systems on C2 go really well, then once they get a number of subscribers, crash and burn. The performance figures in the track record are inflated as they do not include commissions, slippage or autotrade fees. They note this, but then suggest a figure for commissions that is 50 or 60% less than any of there brokers charge - I think this unethical conduct is sufficient to avoid them. I won't trade one of their systems again.

Yes, my experience is identical, most were unethical at the end. I have followed C2 since its very beginning, subscribed to numerous systems - only to find out that the system said BUY, but emails said SELL. Others were just trading in issues with such poor liquidity . you never could copy the sellers results. Furthermore statistical tricks were used to beef up the picture.

Kind regards

Hittfeld

I came across this website :

Collective2 - The Trading System Authority

Just wondered if any T2W members are familiar with it and if you think the site will be of interest to other members.

Cofton

Bulldog FX regularly run free seminars on how to choose trading systems on Collective2.

BulldogFX - Home

I've watched a few, and found some things of interest, but I'd probably shy away from subscribing to most 'black box' trading systems unless they published more details about the system, and maybe some backtest results. I suppose it depends on how much 'hands on time' you want to spend with your trading.

Collective2 does have a useful instant messenger style trade notification, so you get real-time notification of when to open or close trades, or if your broker supports a connection to Collective2, you can let it fully auto-trade for you.

Indexbandit
I totally agree, I am at present using one system's rules and mixing these rules with my own, hopefully it will result in a trading system that suits my needs and personality (or it will fail miserably and I try again !)

I think I am geting the general idea of what Collective2 is about with the replies so far.

Thank you all for your contributions, I am sure your feedback will help other members too.

Be happy

Cofton

Collective2 is a great site if you are a system developer looking to attract capital. If you have a "real" system, you do have the ability to use it as a real-time track record, although you should also be trading it with real money as well, regardless of how small your account is. If your system is not robust, you can get people to sign up for subscriptions and make money that way with a couple of good months. This is all positive for the developer.

If you are a trader looking for a system that you can follow to make money, don't bother. It is never a good idea to trade someone elses system. Instead look at the trades those systems make, and see if you can understand the logic behind why each trade was made, then develop your own system fit to your own style and risk profile.