Anyone interested?

It's a good story - pity about the facts.

Sharky doesn't intervene in mod matters because he wants the mods to be independent to avoid being accused of moderating in the commercial interests of the site.

Moderators do, indeed, have independence and are not that much shackled by the rules - they act more in the interests of members than might otherwise be the case.
You may not approve of the moderating but finding the balance is not as easy as you might think - the main difficulty has always been the one highlighted by Timsk on the dissers thread. That is the one persons legitimate criticism is another's hostile attack sort of thing.

Add that to the varying thicknesses of people's skin etc, etc.

A lot of old knowledgable members left because they got a touch weary of answering the same old newbie questions as newbie numbers (if not proportions) grew as the membership expanded.

You can never get modding right in the eyes of everyone, mores the pity.

Looks like your thread has been hijacked by dissers, mod bashers and wannabe traders.

Oh well, this should cheer you up a bit :LOL:

Attachments

• 24-08-15.jpg
    24-08-15.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 153
Looks like your thread has been hijacked by dissers, mod bashers and wannabe traders.

Oh well, this should cheer you up a bit :LOL:

That's very unkind.
dissers don't like statements.:LOL:
Pissing contest's I think they called them.:LOL:

mod bashers look what happened in Brighton on public holidays

wannabe traders, that sounds like my tempted swing trading.:eek:

That's very unkind.
dissers don't like statements.:LOL:
Pissing contest's I think they called them.:LOL:

mod bashers look what happened in Brighton on public holidays

wannabe traders, that sounds like my tempted swing trading.:eek:

He who procrastinates is lost........JUST DO IT !!!!!!:LOL:

Attachments

• 25-08-15.jpg
    25-08-15.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 150
He who procrastinates is lost........JUST DO IT !!!!!!:LOL:

Got 10 points out of that 100 plus move.:LOL:

Don't worry about the two a country mile off, they will come back one sunny day.

Better go back to work now, don't want the boss to fire me, would not be able to pay for the margin call then.:LOL:

As Jimmy Greave's would say funny old game this swing trading.

Hope no one hacks my PC and send this info to the tax man.

Attachments

• Sunny.JPG
    Sunny.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Got 10 points out of that 100 plus move.:LOL:

Don't worry about the two a country mile off, they will come back one sunny day.

Better go back to work now, don't want the boss to fire me, would not be able to pay for the margin call then.:LOL:

As Jimmy Greave's would say funny old game this swing trading.

Hope no one hacks my PC and send this info to the tax man.

Its the screen shot hackers you wana watch out for mate, sometimes they can be merciless!
But sometimes they alright▼ :LOL:

Attachments

• Sunny.JPG
    Sunny.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 163
Amazing it is. DOW is down 1000 or so points on the week, markets are crashing across the world and all we can find to talk about on here is "dissers" or how to scalp a couple of points here and there.

But doesn't this just highlight the difference in attitudes and mental strengths between daytraders and position traders?

Daytrader - every tick means something: the next tick can make or break your trade: the next trade can make or break your account: by tonight you could be rich or broke: everything is important: the finest detail is the most significant: everything that everyone says means something: screenwatching ticks leads to screenwatching d1cks

Position trader - what's a tick?: a day in a trade still might not be very important: the next trade might just put the icing on the cake: I won't be rich or broke by the end of this year: only what you need to make a decision is important: fine detail = noise: who the hell's got time for screenwatching?

Of course, precise generalising is generally inaccurate.

Well, thanks for that Alexa - so what would you like to see from mods? A more "robust" approach? We tried that and got pilloried by all and sundry for it. That you work on the whim of mods, rather than "rules" - tried that, too and pilloried again.

It was the membership that helped shape the rules and mods did their best to cut off the insulters - you want see the banned list. And on top of that it's a fallacy that "most" were driven away by mod policies if the feedback is to be believed. Some were but "most" were not.

You seem to love taking a cut at T2W at every opportunity, dunno why you bother logging on.

I've just had a run-in with a couple, Jon, and agree with Alexa on this point.

What you have to do, right now, is get this thread back on track and the only way to do that is to ask us all to delete off topic posts. Otherwise, the indices will rise 3000 points today, while everyone is arguing the toss!:)

But doesn't this just highlight the difference in attitudes and mental strengths between daytraders and position traders?

Daytrader - every tick means something: the next tick can make or break your trade: the next trade can make or break your account: by tonight you could be rich or broke: everything is important: the finest detail is the most significant: everything that everyone says means something: screenwatching ticks leads to screenwatching d1cks

Position trader - what's a tick?: a day in a trade still might not be very important: the next trade might just put the icing on the cake: I won't be rich or broke by the end of this year: only what you need to make a decision is important: fine detail = noise: who the hell's got time for screenwatching?

All very true :)

'Course some day traders turn into position traders when their trade goes wrong and some position traders turn into day traders when they are dying to take profits :LOL:. What was the story Livermore relates about a sage old trader "We're in a bull market, my boy, so I can't be losing my position".

well a day trader will go broke at the end of the day only if she is reckless, but also a position trader can go broke at the end of the day if she is reckless.

They both need to have rules, a day trader should not risk more than 0.25% per trade until she knows what she is doing, also she need to stop trading for a day after 3 consecutive losses (it will take a lifetime for her to lose the all account....), it also means she is not reading properly and she needs to build or inprint in herself that discipline to became a professional trader, she will not learn that from anyone else or by reading anything, she will only embrace it if she goes trough it.....once is inprint in herself then she will realise what is all about...... which is most of all a probability game helped by a proper mind set and technicality.

I think...

Last edited:
well a day trader will go broke at the end of the day only if she is reckless, but also a position trader can go broke at the end of the day if she is reckless.

They both need to have rules, a day trader should not risk more than 0.25% per trade until she knows what she is doing, also she need to stop trading for a day after 3 consecutive losses (it will take a lifetime for her to lose the all account....), it also means she is not reading properly and she needs to build or inprint in herself that discipline to became a professional trader, she will not learn that from anyone else or by reading anything, she will only embrace it if she goes trough it.....once is inprint in herself then she will realise what is all about...... which is most of all a probability game helped by a proper mind set and technicality.

I think...

Yes,,,,,,, up to a point.

But the differences all come from opposed mentalities.

A position trader has to be comfortable sleeping overnight whilst the position is open, holding over the weekend, through UK and foreign public holidays, through times when my firm's platform might go down unexpectedly, maybe waiting days to get into a trade, and so on. Yes, there are mechanisms that can be applied to moderate impact from these issues, and ignoring them could blow the account in 1 day, but I not only have to know them I have to be happy using them. Nearly all daytraders will also know them, but very few will be happy to use them.

For position traders, daytrading TA is a mystery. But every daytrader ought to be able to run long term positions - its just that they don't feel good doing it so they don't.

Yes,,,,,,, up to a point.

But the differences all come from opposed mentalities.

A position trader has to be comfortable sleeping overnight whilst the position is open, holding over the weekend, through UK and foreign public holidays, through times when my firm's platform might go down unexpectedly, maybe waiting days to get into a trade, and so on. Yes, there are mechanisms that can be applied to moderate impact from these issues, and ignoring them could blow the account in 1 day, but I not only have to know them I have to be happy using them. Nearly all daytraders will also know them, but very few will be happy to use them.

For position traders, daytrading TA is a mystery. But every daytrader ought to be able to run long term positions - its just that they don't feel good doing it so they don't.

All true.

We are all different, that is why what we need to do is to find a way that relates to our personality otherwise we have not any chances...

And you are dead right only a few day traders will be happy to use them and do you know why? Because it is difficult, very, in day trading the proper mind set is a must, because we are facing our emotions on the daily basis that is the one reason why a few will make it....there is a lot of poo down there....

But if we are aware of it, we can walk it, we know we need to work with it and only going trough it we will see the other end....

Discipline is not gained by promising ourselves to be discipled, we need to do the dirty work.....

It is a profession and if we gain the right education many can make it, day trading or not....

Last edited:
Nobody got time for that Db. To busy working methods that accommodate their fear and emotions.:smart:

Its everywhere you look,,,,, and smell. :LOL:

I got a kick out of watching all these financial professionals running around screaming as though their hair was on fire. Where were they in '08? Or '01? Or '98?

Probably still in high school. Or diapers. :)

I got a kick out of watching all these financial professionals running around screaming as though their hair was on fire. Where were they in '08? Or '01? Or '98?

Probably still in high school. Or diapers. :)

How about '87? I was in options, then. First big fall that I experienced. Left options then and there! I It was before online and I remember that phone ringing and ringing......and no one would pick it up.

There was a new guy, today, with that problem ie. 2015 and he was in options and no one would pick up his phone, either!

How about '87? I was in options, then. First big fall that I experienced. Left options then and there! I It was before online and I remember that phone ringing and ringing......and no one would pick it up.

There was a new guy, today, with that problem ie. 2015 and he was in options and no one would pick up his phone, either!

All the bubbles were foreseeable to anyone who's studied bubbles. I, for one, used the construction index in '07 given the kind of bubble it was. '87 could be seen coming a mile away to those who understand trends. '98 was something more of a surprise, though even that was presaged by the activity a month earlier.

What most traders still don't grasp after all these years is that price moves as it does because of the actions of those who have the money to move it. The "big boys". The big money was not surprised by LTCM. Nor Lehman. Nor the issues with the bhat. Nor the bursting of all these bubbles (since big money was in large part the reason why the bubbles burst in the first place). What do we think big money has been doing these four months that the market has been going nowhere?

It's still tulips.

Daytrading doesn't have to mean obsessing about every tick, twitch or burp, you are perhaps assuming that we all sit in front of the screen all day ! well, some of us don't need to, we have a structured time within the day to trade (I know I am not the only one who is structured in this way)

If the next tick is going to make or break your account, then back to the drawing board you go. I doubt many people are stupid enough to do this more than once (twice at a push).

It's horses for courses, if you can bother your @rse to care what the markets are going to do in 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, good luck with that.

Daily for me, moreover, morning, afternoon.....no stress, no sweating, no caring what happens tonight or any given weekend, bank holiday etc.

All the bubbles were foreseeable to anyone who's studied bubbles. I, for one, used the construction index in '07 given the kind of bubble it was. '87 could be seen coming a mile away to those who understand trends. '98 was something more of a surprise, though even that was presaged by the activity a month earlier.
Could you please point us up with a link to where you gave the rest of humanity a heads-up to your prescience?