Anyone ever kept their NY resolution ?

Pat494

Legendary member
14,291 1,486
It's almost defying "The Gods " to make a resolution and then keep it.

Something small and easy maybe ?????

Like trying not to forget the keys when going out

wackypete2

Legendary member
10,229 2,052
What fun would that be?
If I actually kept my NY resolution(s) I'd kill my 40 year streak.

My brother resolves to lose weight every year. By Jan 3rd or 4th he ends up losing a minuscule amount, then celebrates with donuts and ice cream.

Peter

Pat494

Legendary member
14,291 1,486
I was so determined to accomplish my NY reso last year that I resolved not to do something I am never likely to do

Yep, I never climbed any mountains all year :clap:

Trader333

8,553 914
I saw some stats reporting that only 12% of those making NYR keep them which would not seem unreasonable in my view.

Paul

scose-no-doubt

Veteren member
4,630 954
I made one and broke it straight away but started again mid Jan 2010 and have held it since. Also quit smoking 7 1/2 months ago. Been smoking since I was 11 lol.

B

Black Swan

0 0
Yes, decided 5 years ago to cut back on the booze. Didn't have a beer/drink for a week, then a month, then it became 2, then I just gave it up, havn't touched a drop since. :)

robster970

Veteren member
4,566 1,389
I stopped smoking 5 years ago. I had a Romeo & Julieta cigar on my 40th last year but that doesn't count IMO.

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,498
I figure if you are going to give something up, start a diet or whatever - you should just do it.

I think setting a specific start date is setting yourself up for failure.

robster970

Veteren member
4,566 1,389
I figure if you are going to give something up, start a diet or whatever - you should just do it.

I think setting a specific start date is setting yourself up for failure.
You need a degree of mental preparation to kick a substance which creates a psychological and physiological dependency. Setting a date is a vehicle for mentally preparing to start the transition and is useful IMO. NYD is a sh1t day to pick though because of the association with failure.

scose-no-doubt

Veteren member
4,630 954
Horses for courses.

IMO only thing stopping you from sticking out a resolution or kicking a bad habit is whether or not you actually want to.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,291 1,486
My resolution for 2011 better be something positive like:-

Shagging as many beautiful women as possible

:rolleyes:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock