Anyone else having a terrible month ??

Wow! 8 trades at once! I must be old. But even when I was young I never had more than a couple at a time--and I got rid of one after a couple of hours.

No problem with that if it conforms to risk parameters and you have an edge: under-trading is just throwing money away!

Another wild and insulting assertion. I don't know of anyone less likely than Lee to succumb to any of that. You really are a prize twit.

You only need one woman around you , but I fink Lee has 8 women and is pressured to trade 8 times more , to pay for the bills of 8 .

You only need one woman around you , but I fink Lee has 8 women and is pressured to trade 8 times more , to pay for the bills of 8 .

Lol, I won't mention last night then. :p:p

#Lewis, Simon, Billy and Brandon:

PS: It was more than 8.... ah sorry, we talking about our trades here. Gotcha.

Hey Foroom, where's those P/L statements got to then. (y)

Awards to the person who has the sh1test month - run naked to the nearest lamp post and shout I'm a loser at the top of your voice. Bets on you mate. :clap:

Lol, I won't mention last night then. :p:p

#Lewis, Simon, Billy and Brandon:

PS: It was more than 8.... ah sorry, we talking about our trades here. Gotcha.

Hey Foroom, where's those P/L statements got to then. (y)

Awards to the person who has the sh1test month - run naked to the nearest lamp post and shout I'm a loser at the top of your voice. Bets on you mate. :clap:

As you are a pro , I would expect you to handle 8 instruments simultaneously , I only trade 1 instrument mainly i.e the dax .It is more difficult than handling a single woman , so I stick to only one.Each instrument is like dealing with a woman , but mate good luck with 8 of them.Each instrument has a behavior pattern , if I mix 8 of them , I make a mess with 8 of them.

No statement from amateur , does not trade in August .

Each instrument has a behavior pattern , if I mix 8 of them , I make a mess with 8 of them.

If you cut down on your stooging, maybe 8 is manageable. I have 12 trades open and prospecting 2 to 3 more. They all have a single behavior pattern: I will win.

245550d1503756520-anyone-else-having-terrible-month-markets.jpg

Attachments

• markets.jpg
    markets.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 821
and tickling my limit orders then slamming back down.... the whole month.

Beer and boobs baby.....:cheers::party: #Lewis&Simon

Lee
Beer, boobs & tickling.
What I nearly always do when my limits are being tickled, is I grab them baby!!
If its, so, so nearly there, I'm gonna dive down on that limit!! I'm gonna be selfish and finish off myself, I'm not gonna risk missing out while price tickles me around, when my limit is so nearly reached.

Beer, boobs & tickling.
What I nearly always do when my limits are being tickled, is I grab them baby!!
If its, so, so nearly there, I'm gonna dive down on that limit!! I'm gonna be selfish and finish off myself, I'm not gonna risk missing out while price tickles me around, when my limit is so nearly reached.

Hi Jason

We run tests on 50 accounts over a 6 month period spanning several thousand trades and not surprisingly we found that if there was no intervention then the profit rose by around 20% (on smaller timeframe trading). This is a significant amount compared to closing (in most cases) before the planned limit price.

We also found that there was always some reason or excuse to closing sooner, however, this only looked to damage the account and psychologically reinforced 'being right' on those rare occasions. As you will probably be aware, the market does not know nor does it care where your get out is and again our findings where that it hit the limit over 90% of the time (when less than 20% to the target price). That's a huge number.

In the vast majority of trades, profits were being chopped for the sake of emotion and fear of losing out.

Note: there are exceptions whereby trades will be closed early but are relevant only to longer term trades and based soley on news, not TA. Those decisions can be discussed or delayed by hours, sometimes days but never, repeat never impulsively.

You've possibly heard me say it before (even in posts 10 years ago) but here it is in case you missed the motto:

Do or die.

So basically, rather than discussing all the above (and that's a short version). We just say do or die. It's a motto but it's also a firm belief based on stats and facts and a sh1t load of research.

Other than that, good morning all.

Lee

Hi Jason

We run tests on 50 accounts over a 6 month period spanning several thousand trades and not surprisingly we found that if there was no intervention then the profit rose by around 20% (on smaller timeframe trading). This is a significant amount compared to closing (in most cases) before the planned limit price.

We also found that there was always some reason or excuse to closing sooner, however, this only looked to damage the account and psychologically reinforced 'being right' on those rare occasions. As you will probably be aware, the market does not know nor does it care where your get out is and again our findings where that it hit the limit over 90% of the time (when less than 20% to the target price). That's a huge number.

In the vast majority of trades, profits were being chopped for the sake of emotion and fear of losing out.

Note: there are exceptions whereby trades will be closed early but are relevant only to longer term trades and based soley on news, not TA. Those decisions can be discussed or delayed by hours, sometimes days but never, repeat never impulsively.

You've possibly heard me say it before (even in posts 10 years ago) but here it is in case you missed the motto:

Do or die.

So basically, rather than discussing all the above (and that's a short version). We just say do or die. It's a motto but it's also a firm belief based on stats and facts and a sh1t load of research.

Other than that, good morning all.

Lee

Your post here is all about stats and facts and research, but your first post is all about feelings and emotional responses. This may have to do with cycles that take longer than a month. If you truly believed in the results of your research, then whatever has happened to you in August would have no effect whatsoever. If you find emotional responses to be inescapable, you may have in the back of your mind the warning that the market can remain irrational for longer than you can remain solvent. A great many traders have discovered the truth of this.

The month is neither terrible nor not terrible; it's just August.

Your post here is all about stats and facts and research, but your first post is all about feelings and emotional responses. This may have to do with cycles that take longer than a month. If you truly believed in the results of your research, then whatever has happened to you in August would have no effect whatsoever. If you find emotional responses to be inescapable, you may have in the back of your mind the warning that the market can remain irrational for longer than you can remain solvent. A great many traders have discovered the truth of this.

Good point. If you have an edge based upon probabilities then there's usually no problem in applying it. However, just occasionally you do have to make a decision on whether the market or trade has become irrational beyond the probability of your edge. Although that tries to foist itself upon you as an emotional decision, the way I deal with it is to consider it with respect to risk. At some stage the sums will tell you to quit. I try to keep emotions out of trading – let the algos or spreadsheet take the strain.

Good point. If you have an edge based upon probabilities then there's usually no problem in applying it. However, just occasionally you do have to make a decision on whether the market or trade has become irrational beyond the probability of your edge. Although that tries to foist itself upon you as an emotional decision, the way I deal with it is to consider it with respect to risk. At some stage the sums will tell you to quit. I try to keep emotions out of trading – let the algos or spreadsheet take the strain.

Also a good point. However, one must also re-examine his research and statistics from time to time rather than view them as being carved in stone. Given that the market has been news-driven for nearly a year, one should not be surprised if this state of affairs puts one's statistics to the test (so to speak).

Hi db,
I've just read back through the first post but I'm clearly missing the emotional bit you speak of. There is zero emotion there. Stats keep me sane.

The object of the thread was a talking point only. Just as much as when I meet up with others and they ask how the month's going. So I don't lie. It's going sh1t, it's been sh1t, it's all sh1t so roll on September.

PS: as for the irrational and solvent line which is saturatedly common, is reserved only for high risk/highly leveraged traders who don't know when to quit a position. ie, don't marry your stock.

Lee

Hi db,
I've just read back through the first post but I'm clearly missing the emotional bit you speak of. There is zero emotion there. Stats keep me sane.

The object of the thread was a talking point only. Just as much as when I meet up with others and they ask how the month's going. So I don't lie. It's going sh1t, it's been sh1t, it's all sh1t so roll on September.

PS: as for the irrational and solvent line which is saturatedly common, is reserved only for high risk/highly leveraged traders who don't know when to quit a position. ie, don't marry your stock.

Lee

I was getting concerned that I had lost my plot but, from 24th, I have been making steady progress. That's only three trading days back but it has given me incentive.

Also a good point. However, one must also re-examine his research and statistics from time to time rather than view them as being carved in stone. Given that the market has been news-driven for nearly a year, one should not be surprised if this state of affairs puts one's statistics to the test (so to speak).

Others are free to analyse as much as they wish. However, with us there is no compromise. They are carved in stone. There is no room for doubt here, nor is there any room for anyone to cry about results because they think (or believe), the stats are old, out dated or sh1t. If you're not getting results, you are sh1t, nothing else.

PS: I'm the sh1t one this month.

PPS: I have a very small dick

Lee

Lee.............would suggest you play the 3rd person here to retain your sanity ?

you are not "Sh*t" .......and you are 100% a seperate entity from your current trading systems and strategies

step aside and objectively determine if this is just a lull in the systems capabilities due to extended market conditions or indeed the system needs more work to handle this going forward

but dont ever attach yourself too much to any system - thats not healthy for Trading professionals

(as ive been there and done that on systems i got too attached to and they bit me hard)

N