Any Traders in Northern Ireland

Hi guys, based in Belfast and only just starting to dip my toes in this fascinating opportunity and have been doing my reading. I plan to hopefully start working on testing my strategy on Forex with a dummy account in the near future. Glad to know there are local guys to hopefully get some advice from.

Hows everyone getting on with their trading?

Echoing what Jason said and the lack of support in this country, would be good if people can suggest books, websites, whatever they feel has helped them to learn and progress.

With people at different stages on the journey we can help each other, I'd recommend this as a must watch

I’m currently still doing my reading and research at the minute trying to get a firm grasp of technical analysis and indicators and what the candlesticks are actually showing me. Have to say the abundance of information out there makes it very difficult sort the wheat from the chaff. Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Have also just opened my demo account but to keep it realistic I’ve reduced the balance to £1000 and adjusted the leverage from professional to retail, my reasoning being that if I can get small profits when testing my strategy with this amount it should work once I’ve put my cold hard cash in!

Still a few months out from back testing and demo trading, so if any newbies are interested in meeting up and bouncing ideas off each other count me in.

Thanks will get a read of the article over the weekend. Ideally I’m looking to be in and out within the day and sticking to my strategy and closing trades regardless of loses. Most interested in forex and maybe commodities, I suppose that will all depend on my how my strategy, once developed plays out in testing.

At the start I would pick one market which you feel there is good daily movement in and then select a timeframe under 1 hour. Print of the chart at the end of the day if you can and make notes, draw lines, whatever you feel it will help you spot the patterns after a few weeks.

Once you have a strategy then you can look to apply it to the other markets.

Allinazi & Bionic Trader thanks for the pointers and books to add to the reading list. Have a bit of dental trouble this weekend so haven’t got a much work done as I’d hoped.:(

Hello Everybody,

I have been trading for aprox 12 years now with some breaks in it. Lived through ups and downs with trading. Learned a lot and still learning. Traded forex, futures and options. Was learning value investing too in the last 2 years. Spent a lot of time with daytrading forex, ES and DAX in the first 5-6 years. I loved it but it wasn't healthy in several ways... :)

Moved to NI a year ago (located at Craigavon currently) and would be happy to meetup and to get involved in an online tradingroom too.

I'm going to spend most of the time in London in the next 4 weeks, so maybe it is not the best time from me come up with the "lets meet" idea, but I'm keen to find a few like-minded guys here.

Regards,
Viktor

Hi there guys
Been trying to trade for about 6 years on and off .some success and some not .but would love to meet up with others and see how they trade ?
I am based in Belfast and I think we need more traders here

Hi everyone im from NI belfast direction, I am focused on U.S mid/large cap equities and i mostly focus on stocks in-play with a catalyst and high relative volume, i also only intraday trade. I am still a novice, but slowly starting to get there. Plan on going full time in the next 2 years. Shoot me a message on this if you are interested in meeting up or chatting about trading in general online!

Only post i can find on google re NI traders, thankfully kept alive for 10 years!!
Based in Belfast & been learning/trading fx for nearly a year in spare time. Still lots to learn but would be nice to have contact with fellow NIers. Anyone on telegram? Or have you’s made any groups etc?

hey allinazi, going well thanks you? Yeh I made every classic rookie mistake in the book when I started so trying to get my head around it all before I trade daily again. I do the odd one. Avoiding todays NFP but enjoy backtesting when I get the time.
I’m surprised there isn’t a bigger community in NI, it can be a lonely journey.

Hi everyone

I have recently came across this thread and I’m keen to know if there is still interest in forex around Northern Ireland. I have traded for about 2 years and would love to get in contact with like minded people!

Hi everyone

I have recently came across this thread and I’m keen to know if there is still interest in forex around Northern Ireland. I have traded for about 2 years and would love to get in contact with like minded people!

Hit me up buddy! Been practising trading for over a year now, I would see myself as a swing trader putting 2 trades a week on, when the set up patterns are ‘right’. Hope to go live in the very near future.

I'm day-trading small cap equities full time, based in Belfast, using technical analysis predominately (volume/float/fib levels etc.). Would be glad to connect with others and share my experience to date, my Insta is crj_insta_1 if you would like to connect there, or Twitter @Colmring
Hi, followed you on Twitter. I'm based in England but originally from Ireland. Mostly trade commodities/CFDs.

I'm day-trading small cap equities full time, based in Belfast, using technical analysis predominately (volume/float/fib levels etc.). Would be glad to connect with others and share my experience to date, recently started a Telegram channel; https://t.me/dailytraderuk

I’m relatively new to trading, anyone out there who could give me any advice would be greatly appreciated I’m in ards direction. Would like to meet up with other traders from NI. Don’t even know if anyone still uses this but may as well give it a go