Any market makers in Euribor here?

Gooseman,

What do you think of the U9 double butterfly as of late. Any opinion if the fly itself was overdone because no rate cuts have happened in the EZ?

It seems like there can be a significant correction in the Euribor spreads after these past few weeks with doubles trading extremely high across the board.

Your opinion?
(if you do not feel comfortable sharing it here, private message me)

Cheers

any questions you want to ask?

Hi I've been looking how wide the June09 box has become. They fly's are trading 15.5-15 and the sep around 8.5-9 I have never seen this as wide. What is your view on this???
cheers

I'd make markets in them if they didn't threaten to fine me for showing orders all day!

mauzj you have to work really hard for them to threaten to fine you for dodgy orders, you have a turbo autospreader or something?

Market abuse on the other hand... :whistling

Nothing wrong with that, I've never been warned for sticking offers in at 99.99 and do it quite regularly.

Now if you kept sending and pulling the offer every two seconds I could see them getting annoyed.

depends if you're delibaeratley confusing illiquid markets or not-eg value os 0.7 sticking it 0.07 bid @7 or something.

Nothing wrong with that, I've never been warned for sticking offers in at 99.99 and do it quite regularly.

Now if you kept sending and pulling the offer every two seconds I could see them getting annoyed.

Did you ever get filled on one of those off market? Got any of those eurodollars a month ago or so on the fat finger?

I think LIFFE easily gets annoyed if you send too many messages in a short period of time to the exchange without getting a fill. I.e using an autospreader, working several bids and offers. Eurex and the others don't care about stuff like that.

Did you ever get filled on one of those off market? Got any of those eurodollars a month ago or so on the fat finger?

I think LIFFE easily gets annoyed if you send too many messages in a short period of time to the exchange without getting a fill. I.e using an autospreader, working several bids and offers. Eurex and the others don't care about stuff like that.

Haven't had eurodollars - had plenty of crazy sterling fills though!

As for LIFFE getting annoyed... well half ticks on sterling have annoyed me, but I don't get to fine them :(

Haven't had eurodollars - had plenty of crazy sterling fills though!

As for LIFFE getting annoyed... well half ticks on sterling have annoyed me, but I don't get to fine them :(

(n) Yeah when they introduced half ticks I stopped trading short sterling... how's that been last few days by the way, must've been totally insane! when you put orders off market, is that literally 99.99 or something more reasonable like a hundred ticks off?

5 ticks offside you can do maybe 10 lots reasonably safely (or 100 lots in a spread 5 ticks offside: the spreads are as bad as the outrights now!)

And those moves are happening constantly!

To be fair to it it isn't moving 100 ticks on nothing... much... but there has been the occasional 20 tick fat finger.

I mostly trade euribor and euroswiss but do dip into sterling occasionaly for these things.

No idea how gooseman with his tens of thousands of lots does it, takes balls of steel that!

5 ticks offside you can do maybe 10 lots reasonably safely (or 100 lots in a spread 5 ticks offside: the spreads are as bad as the outrights now!)

To be fair to it it isn't moving 100 ticks on nothing... much... but there has been the occasional 20 tick fat finger.

I mostly trade euribor and euroswiss but do dip into sterling occasionaly for these things.

I used to look at sterling, but my bread & butter is Euribor and with its volatility i can't really look at anything else!

I used to look at sterling, but my bread & butter is Euribor and with its volatility i can't really look at anything else!

For me, Euribor is best on an event. Otherwise it's ****ed around too much by flipper-types and thus is only scalpable by someone who watches it enough and understands it more than me. I'm more the lift 100 lots when someone says something kind of trader.

Euroswiss is my main market but that has been rubbish for the last couple of weeks...

For me, Euribor is best on an event. Otherwise it's ****ed around too much by flipper-types and thus is only scalpable by someone who watches it enough and understands it more than me. I'm more the lift 100 lots when someone says something kind of trader.

Euroswiss is my main market but that has been rubbish for the last couple of weeks...

yup, its certainly tough at the moment but you have to watch it like a hawk

No idea how gooseman with his tens of thousands of lots does it, takes balls of steel that!

I tried out the euroswiss, but found way to little volume going through... was a year ago though, maybe it's better now? Do you do the standard intramarket flys etc or go for e.g swiss-bor calendars?

I tried out the euroswiss, but found way to little volume going through... was a year ago though, maybe it's better now? Do you do the standard intramarket flys etc or go for e.g swiss-bor calendars?

Trade outrights usually there's nothing in the flys at all. Calendar spreads do have some uses though, try selling Z8H9 at around 30-29 level I reckon that has a bit futher to go although it's range bound at the moment.

Swiss has been unusually awful for the last couple of weeks but will be better next week, promise!