Whats happened to euribor?

Ive traded euribor for over 3 years now and as we start the rate moves we day traders have hoped for in order to create a bit of volatility in the market, it seems deader than i can remember for a long time.

can anyone shed any light as to what is going on?? Are the banks and big hedge funds not interested in European interest rate futures anymore?

too many locals/black boxes doing the same things compared to the paper

May be time to look at more commercial oriented markets with forward curves like IPE Brent and GasOil. You need to have sufficient people crossing bid/offer spread..Also there is still no clear policy from ECB, you may try looking at JGB, more going on from BOJ than ECB. Also how is Sterling these days?

Yes .come on over to the brent ,gas oil and WTI now at the ISE .Lots of opportunities there.You will immediately feel nostalgic for the old days of volatility and ranges in the euribor.

Also, don t forget to use TT for your spreading .You will be welcomed in with open arms!!

Everyone makes money ..........

holy man...this is always what I suspected. Easy money in those energies.

Hey Junaid, stop getting me in trouble with the big boyz at TC. In reference to my previous post, apparently, so I am told, it is perfectly possible to still make fortunes ever day in Euribor and Sterling and if you have reason to think about anything else then you are simply not trying hard enough. Now get legging like a maniac, take a view and don't look back. Good Luck.

twalker said:
Hey Junaid, stop getting me in trouble with the big boyz at TC. In reference to my previous post, apparently, so I am told, it is perfectly possible to still make fortunes ever day in Euribor and Sterling and if you have reason to think about anything else then you are simply not trying hard enough. Now get legging like a maniac, take a view and don't look back. Good Luck.
LOL!! Please tell me they have't brainwashed you too!!

LOL!! Please tell me they have't brainwashed you too!!

Nobody escapes..
George Orwell figured this out in the 40's and wrote some good books to let us know.