Any advice on a good Desktop setup for daytrading ?

I'm looking into upgrading my desktop to a Dell Inspiron so that i can start daytrading/ using the simulator. I want something fast and something that is compatible for day trading. I know that I dont need like a 3000$ setup but i just want to know your guys thoughts. Thanks

It would be enough to have SSD, at least 8 GB RAM and the screen size at least 15". This configuration would allow you to launch several trading platforms and switch between them (for example, TOS for charting and TWS for news and filters), use special back testing software (Forex Tester, which is one of the best of such kind, may work even if several platforms already launched) and it would be enough resources to make a research using browser.
But keep in mind, that any screen smaller than 15" is not comfortable for trading (if you are a trader, not an investor just monitoring positions).

It would be enough to have SSD, at least 8 GB RAM and the screen size at least 15". This configuration would allow you to launch several trading platforms and switch between them (for example, TOS for charting and TWS for news and filters), use special back testing software (Forex Tester, which is one of the best of such kind, may work even if several platforms already launched) and it would be enough resources to make a research using browser.
But keep in mind, that any screen smaller than 15" is not comfortable for trading (if you are a trader, not an investor just monitoring positions).

Thanks J C. Great info.

Any ideas on what would be good for us brits?