Another Hot Forex System

Don't want to spoil the party but ...

I've been collecting more backdata, mainly since 20th Feb when JT's ran out (actually been tracking one of his other freebies since then, both on spreadsheet with backdata and CS simulation account and getting total correlation), and since 20th Feb it's only netted another 180 points.

It seems that this period, start of Jan-20th Feb works really really well for all of Jonny's strategies, but certainly this one and the other I've been looking at (think it's called "is this one spot on?") seem to go off the boil a bit since then. In fact, if you split the results of this strategy into months it goes Jan 452, Feb 267, March (1st half)115.

Don't know what this means, but the other strat. seems to fail completely when I look at Dec03's data (which interestingly, if you look at a chart of daily candlesticks, is almost a straight line line upward trend all month!). I've put 1min daily backdata together twice now (what a flippin' tedious job that was!) and still am not getting the returns from early this year. There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day for me!

Has anyone else done any more extensive backtesting?
Has anyone got a good set of 1min or maybe 5min data that we could all share for backtesting and drawing out these relatively simply and potentially lucrative strategies?
Could we co-ordinate some analysis here, instead of all doing it separately? Surely that's one of the advantages of this kind of forum?
I fear we may be lulled into a false sense of security with that 6 weeks of data ...

The 7am -5min. bar

Seems the Cable is doing OK by this system from JT's stable :D

Yep it is

However the system was designed to use the EUR/USD with it's 1 pip spread.

Doing this on GBP will result in some 'extra' trading costs.

The results are very similar to 'Spot On' using 07:00 to 08:00 0.0020 SL and Exit at 15:00

;)

having problems with pasting duka data into an ability spreadsheet. :cry: . any tips on how arrange in notepad before pasting ? :rolleyes:

heres another data link that i dont have the same problem with:
http://www.fin-rus.com/analysis/export/_eng_/default.asp
i have to select TAB in the decimal delimiter section.

unfortunately this link not as good as duka

cheers
dt

edit::- Got office XP pro now so no probs, it shows the ability spread sheets to be lacking in.....errrr...ability ;)

Last edited:
One minute duka data for EUR/USD is useless. They seem to be using a big bid/ask spread as the
bars seem to be quite wide. I dont know if they are using the Euro FX as trading on the CME.

Does anyone have any accurate Euro FX data they would care to share?

Failing that im thinking of buying some..

Move over Vince

I'm about to start marketing my new system. 60 min chart for crude oil. Buy when 14 RSI hits 20. Sell when it hits 80.

We all know that it's not sustainable, but on the basis of the attached chart I should be able to persuade some suckers to part with their money :LOL: :cheesy: :D

But seriously, this instrument often seems to start a trend in the first hour each day (particularly if there's some news from Europe/Middle East in the morning), so it could be a candidate for JonnyT's breakout system.

I did some back-of-a-fag-packet calculations that showed about 400 points profit over the last five weeks using a breakout from 15:00-16:00, exit at 19:30. Anyone know where I can get some (preferably free) historical data to do a proper backtest :?:

Attachments

• Crude 04 06 03.JPG
    Crude 04 06 03.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 368
which type of oil is the chart.brent crude or sweet light.you can trade this as a spreadbet.both can be traded at capital spreads.they also have charts/15 min delay,data supplied by netdania.i will find out the spread and post it later

yup.there is a chart and a spreadbet.there iks an 8 cent spread on bid/offer.june contract.nymex only trades for 4 hours a day.i suppose open is the same time as nasdaq/nyse.i have got the chart up and put on rsi/ema/macd.looks good for a b/o system.thanks

Interestingly running the GENESIS system on june Eu/$ provides 1149 points with 125 max drawdown

NYMEX pit trading opens at 10am EST til 230pm EST , but electronic NYMEX trading is 24 hrs, give or take about 15 mins after the pit closes.

D4F will take spreadbets on NYMEX 24hrs a day , unlike the others who only trade the pit session i think.

(Pre-emptive apologies , I know this is Forex thread , but I only answered the earlier queries! :rolleyes: )

fwiw 1030am EST every Wednesday is the release of API and DOE reports that lately have massive impact on crude price.

The range/spread isn't that great. There are better targets to day trade.

JonnyT

johnny t, im new to this, where do i start. im interested in forex as it is so liquid, how long have u been traded. cheers aussie2242

Indeed.

I wonder if JT is still trading FX? Hasnt posted on Trade2win for several years but seems to visit every now and then.

Hi folks,

Again trade the EUR/USD

Trade a break of the 5 minute bar at 07:00 UK time
Stop is a break in the opposite direction. Take 200 pips profit.
This is a SAR system. Take one trade in each direction if applicable.

i.e. you go long but the market reverses past the low of the 7am 5 min bar, you close the long and go short.

Has averaged 15 pips per trade 930 pips from 61 trades on current futures contract.

JonnyT

Hey Jonny T (y)

firstly I must pay my respects to you in terms of the quality and shere length of time you have been posting and contributing to T2W......

I recently dug up a 7am 15m bar range strategy on my correlation thread that doesnt do to badly.....Lance beggs highlighted it to me in his recent newsletter and did call it an old school trading system that is still good for the odd mile or 2....

the 15m bar gives the market a little breathing space before piling into a directional trade...any use people ?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ing-basic-ideas-strategies-83.html#post998690

why does it work .....hell knows except the Dax fires up for real after Far east closes (??)

N

Hey Jonny T (y)

firstly I must pay my respects to you in terms of the quality and shere length of time you have been posting and contributing to T2W......

I recently dug up a 7am 15m bar range strategy on my correlation thread that doesnt do to badly.....Lance beggs highlighted it to me in his recent newsletter and did call it an old school trading system that is still good for the odd mile or 2....

Hi NVP

Have you stopped using this strategy?

What about JT strategy with 5m candle break at 7am?