simple scalping strategy

For futures accounts, check lions futures, velocity futures on the web amongst others. they allow $5k accounts
$500 margin for day trading the mini dow ( ym) and mini s&p ( es) with 1 tick spread. some give free platforms where you can scalp using the dom ( depth of market) while others require a small monthly fee for the platform. one of them did offer TT ( platform) for free providing a minimal # of trades were placed through the month. comissions are usually around the $5 mark roundturn. a tick on the ym is $5 and on the es $12.50. daily volume on ym and es is often over 100,000 and 800,000 respectively. plenty of liquidity too. for a good real time feed, check out www.prophet.net

happy trading

Naz said:
If there was fresh air on the bid as the stock rose you'd be looking at another leg down.
Can you explain what you mean by 'fresh air on the bid as the stock rose' - you mean a rise on low volume, right?

I have a simple scalping strategy i'd like to share. I use it for forex trading:

use a 3 or 5 min bar chart and look for swings. when the trend reverses using stochastics (13/8) then pull the trigger.

example: on the chart the trend has been up, when the market pulls back and the indicator crosses down also, DO NOT take the short trade as the trend is still up. Once the market stalls on the downside and the indicator crosses to go up go long. Stay in for 20 - 30 pips and the get out.

Thats it!

Hope someone finds it useful.

hello andrew
is this the right setup you use? Stoch (13,3,8)?

I have a simple scalping strategy i'd like to share. I use it for forex trading:

use a 3 or 5 min bar chart and look for swings. when the trend reverses using stochastics (13/8) then pull the trigger.

example: on the chart the trend has been up, when the market pulls back and the indicator crosses down also, DO NOT take the short trade as the trend is still up. Once the market stalls on the downside and the indicator crosses to go up go long. Stay in for 20 - 30 pips and the get out.

Thats it!

Hope someone finds it useful.

Thanks

Surely what matters is not pips made, but risk:reward.

Risking 10 pips and making 100 pips is far more impressive than risking 1000 pips and making 100 pips. :)

Jeff

Your response in terms of pips per month is far more useful than the monetary value.
:)