Another Hot Forex System

Dentalfloss

Legendary member
45,715 3,273
yup.there is a chart and a spreadbet.there iks an 8 cent spread on bid/offer.june contract.nymex only trades for 4 hours a day.i suppose open is the same time as nasdaq/nyse.i have got the chart up and put on rsi/ema/macd.looks good for a b/o system.thanks

dc2000

Veteren member
4,739 127
Interestingly running the GENESIS system on june Eu/$ provides 1149 points with 125 max drawdown

DanielLambert

145 1
NYMEX pit trading opens at 10am EST til 230pm EST , but electronic NYMEX trading is 24 hrs, give or take about 15 mins after the pit closes.

D4F will take spreadbets on NYMEX 24hrs a day , unlike the others who only trade the pit session i think.

(Pre-emptive apologies , I know this is Forex thread , but I only answered the earlier queries! :rolleyes: )

fwiw 1030am EST every Wednesday is the release of API and DOE reports that lately have massive impact on crude price.

aussie2242

17 0
johnny t, im new to this, where do i start. im interested in forex as it is so liquid, how long have u been traded. cheers aussie2242

donaldduke

Experienced member
1,665 252
Indeed.

I wonder if JT is still trading FX? Hasnt posted on Trade2win for several years but seems to visit every now and then.

NVP

Legendary member
36,535 1,842
Hi folks,

Again trade the EUR/USD

Trade a break of the 5 minute bar at 07:00 UK time
Stop is a break in the opposite direction. Take 200 pips profit.
This is a SAR system. Take one trade in each direction if applicable.

i.e. you go long but the market reverses past the low of the 7am 5 min bar, you close the long and go short.

Has averaged 15 pips per trade 930 pips from 61 trades on current futures contract.

JonnyT

Hey Jonny T (y)

firstly I must pay my respects to you in terms of the quality and shere length of time you have been posting and contributing to T2W......

I recently dug up a 7am 15m bar range strategy on my correlation thread that doesnt do to badly.....Lance beggs highlighted it to me in his recent newsletter and did call it an old school trading system that is still good for the odd mile or 2....

the 15m bar gives the market a little breathing space before piling into a directional trade...any use people ?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/71854-correlation-trading-basic-ideas-strategies-83.html#post998690

why does it work .....hell knows except the Dax fires up for real after Far east closes (??)

N

bedsit

Experienced member
1,794 165
Hey Jonny T (y)

firstly I must pay my respects to you in terms of the quality and shere length of time you have been posting and contributing to T2W......

I recently dug up a 7am 15m bar range strategy on my correlation thread that doesnt do to badly.....Lance beggs highlighted it to me in his recent newsletter and did call it an old school trading system that is still good for the odd mile or 2....

Hi NVP

Have you stopped using this strategy?

What about JT strategy with 5m candle break at 7am?