Analyse this trade and provide your thoughts - Divergence example with confluencing factors against the trend

Hello all.

Here I have a trade example of the type I like to play on occasion. The trade back tested as a winner. We are trending bullish on the 15 min above the 200, 50 and 21 MA's. The trade is against the trend which is not my usual choice. I usually trade off of engulfing candles, with the trend, ideally with some divergence in favour and a bounce off a moving average.

Confluencing factors making me choose this trade, whilst against the trend were...

- Near heavy resistance (yellow line)
- Regular bearish divergence presented (white line on the chart and stochastic below)
- I would be able to set an order at or just above the resistance line with a small amount of stop loss covering spread and a bit more in the region of 1.25% on the trade
- 21 day MA offered me a good TP position to exit from

As you can see this trade would have won and won at approx 3.5% factoring in spread costs. In my opinion this is a good trade with low risk to reward in the range of approx. 3:1

Do you think this is a good trade or bad trade (independent of backtest outcome) and why.

Thanks

Attachments

• image_2022-04-03_120618.png
    image_2022-04-03_120618.png
    246 KB · Views: 64

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks