Amplify Trading-my journey

They are all remote, so no. I saw them on the Instant Messaging platform being used in the company. There is a virtual room used for the trainees and then a separate one used for everyone else (the so-called Amplify Live) and these people are logged on there, but I didn't get to talk to them.

Very interesting!!!

I am referring to this article:

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/u...d-know-amplify-trading/#.VPhllKrIRz0.facebook

where it clearly states "OWN TEAM OF 35 IN-HOUSE PROPRIETARY TRADERS"

"own team" to me sounds like there is an employed team. if they are trading their own money then they are not employees of Amplify, they are self employed

"in-house" is pretty obvious if youre stating that you have 35 traders in your office that means they are in your office, not at home

basically all Im saying is that theyre lying to you about their traders

would you still feel your money was well spent if you knew that the two mentors who you called useless have degrees in music and arts? they do. they also happen to be teaching trading at a prop shop that apparently employs 35 ghost traders

Very interesting!!!

I am referring to this article:

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/u...d-know-amplify-trading/#.VPhllKrIRz0.facebook

where it clearly states "OWN TEAM OF 35 IN-HOUSE PROPRIETARY TRADERS"

"own team" to me sounds like there is an employed team. if they are trading their own money then they are not employees of Amplify, they are self employed

"in-house" is pretty obvious if youre stating that you have 35 traders in your office that means they are in your office, not at home

basically all Im saying is that theyre lying to you about their traders

would you still feel your money was well spent if you knew that the two mentors who you called useless have degrees in music and arts? they do. they also happen to be teaching trading at a prop shop that apparently employs 35 ghost traders

I feel that my money was well spent based on today's outcome, and it's irrespective of anything other than the trading experience I have gained.

As for the article they clearly got things mixed-up. I have been in their office and all desks are used for the trainees which rotate every month, they haven't got room for any permanent people other than the mentors.

Having said that, I recently heard that they have opened a new office so, who knows.

As for the article they clearly got things mixed-up. I have been in their office and all desks are used for the trainees which rotate every month, they haven't got room for any permanent people other than the mentors.

That article isnt messed up, its deliberate PR

And that proves that Amplify is a training company trying its hardest to look like a trading company. They never employed any traders. Fact. And they probably never will.

This world will never run out of suckers and scammers!

I feel that my money was well spent based on today's outcome, and it's irrespective of anything other than the trading experience I have gained.

Having said that, I recently heard that they have opened a new office so, who knows.

In the same way that the Amplify guys have a business to run, and the business is clearly a training business which means their objective is to get trainees all the time - with all that that infers - it looks clear to me that there are people here that are posting whom are most likely working for competitors, and have a clear interest in badmouthing their own competition. Probably some of you guys are jealous that they are being successful but clearly a lot of the recent success comes from them showing up on BBC. What they make of that success and how they ride it is up to them. Or perhaps you have been on one of these courses and your results were not what you expected, and now feel 'betrayed'.

I couldn't care less each way - I have stated my position and that won't change.

If you are bitter because someone else is being more successul than you - either as an individual trader or as a company - casting a bad light on them won't change things for you - remember: you can only work on yourself and your personal development.

Last edited:
I am not a competitor you can be assured of that but I have been on a lot of these courses and I know a lot about these comapnies.

I am trying to prevent gullible people from parting with their hard earned wonga !!

Dont EVER pay ANYONE (any company, any individual mentor, any social networking group) to teach you trading for all they teach you can learn yourself for free with enough hunger and enthusiasm. Having stuff put in context for you is a sign of weakness. Youre lazy to make the effort and put in the time.

Good luck to you anyway!

I'm not affiliated in anyway, but merely wish to point out it's not so easy as buying a set of company accounts and then assuming you know exactly the financial make-up of any such business.

I would imagine it would be foolhardy to have all traders trading from the same account, each trader would have a separate account (through a Ltd company & possibly with Amplify as a shareholder) so good luck to you tracking each of those entities down...

I'm not affiliated in anyway, but merely wish to point out it's not so easy as buying a set of company accounts and then assuming you know exactly the financial make-up of any such business.

I would imagine it would be foolhardy to have all traders trading from the same account, each trader would have a separate account (through a Ltd company & possibly with Amplify as a shareholder) so good luck to you tracking each of those entities down...

Why would you have separate accounts through separate ltd companies????

They're saying they trade there own money and their traders and their traders trade that money too.

You normally see Capital Reserved For Trading in accounts. See reputable prop house accounts like Optiver. There is none of that for Amplify. All they have is fixed assets (computers, desks most likely) and debtors...... = no trading

User xtra-der said

"As for the article they clearly got things mixed-up. I have been in their office and all desks are used for the trainees which rotate every month, they haven't got room for any permanent people other than the mentors."

I think you can put 2 and 2 together at this point can you not?

Why would you have separate accounts through separate ltd companies????

To limit their liability when one of the traders messes up and loses a packet which won't then bring the whole business to its knees.

Obviously if they are dodgy or not I have no idea, I'm just saying that one set of company accounts don't hold the full story.

I've seen a lot of comments on both sides. I was at Amplify for quite a while and I'm preparing my diary and I will post soon, probably end of next week with what I think are the pros and cons and the real situation. Yes, this is my first post, no that doesn't mean I'm an Amplify employee who's going to spit propoganda

I've seen a lot of comments on both sides. I was at Amplify for quite a while and I'm preparing my diary and I will post soon, probably end of next week with what I think are the pros and cons and the real situation. Yes, this is my first post, no that doesn't mean I'm an Amplify employee who's going to spit propoganda

I am looking fwd to your diary entries. Literally sitting on the edge of my seat.

So the real situation is either too good (so your making money trading and cant be bothered to post because you r rich) or too bad (maybe you joined the 99.9999999% of Amplify graduates doomed not to progress in trading and cant be bothered to post because your ashamed)

Orrrrrrrrrrr did you believe and get scared by that libel lawsuit they keep threatening everyone with for posting negative stuff?

So? The edge of my seat is getting worn out mate.

So the real situation is either too good (so your making money trading and cant be bothered to post because you r rich) or too bad (maybe you joined the 99.9999999% of Amplify graduates doomed not to progress in trading and cant be bothered to post because your ashamed)

Orrrrrrrrrrr did you believe and get scared by that libel lawsuit they keep threatening everyone with for posting negative stuff?

Well ?
I will give him a bit more time and then assume the worst should he " no-show" !
I am surprised Amplify don't or can't post here to explain things ?

I guarantee anyone who is thinking of joining Amplify trading that you are wasting your time and money.
They are NOT full time Traders, how could they be if they are ''Teaching '' to trade.
Trading is a full time Job and takes years of hard work, with NO guarantee of success, there is no way in a million years someone can learn to trade in 3 months. maybe 3 years if you have a strong determine mind and discipline.
If you think you are interested in them simply ask for 6 months of trade records and make sure they are legitimate.

Well ?
I will give him a bit more time and then assume the worst should he " no-show" !
I am surprised Amplify don't or can't post here to explain things ?

And he just vanished into thin air didnt he Pat?
We assume the worst then shall we?