Article Alpesh Patel Interview

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,469 69
Alpesh Patel is one of the best known traders in the world.  In this often light-hearted interview, he shares some of his experience and philosophy.
Starting Out
How long have you been trading for? Bought gilt edged bonds at age 12 back in 1983. The Chancellor did not call me to thank me for buying Her Majesty?s Government debt, but a £100 probably did not save the nation.
How did you first get involved in trading?Wanted to earn money whilst at school (and whilst my parents toiled 18 hours to send me to a public school) and the idea of company employees toiling to make me money whilst I avoided a paper round all because I bought some stock sounded like a darn good idea. Still yet to get a proper job. Viva capitalism ? who has the capital rules the roost. Labour is abundant, capital, or rather the ability to get a return on capital is scarce.
Do you remember your first trades? Yes, 19 years ago. Short-term government bond to expire in 6 weeks in January. Dullest...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock