All right I've had enough what else can u show me

compagnito

The Nikkei bit me, so, I need help.

I want to SB indices, markets commodities.

What do I need to read?

Compagnito,
Welcome to the club. In my time I have been bitten by the Nikkei, the Dow, Gold and the FTSE and been severely nibbled by the Dax.
Do read the boards, with any luck after doing so and applying the advice, the worst you may suffer is a wet licking. :)

try the " Bible" published in many languages - Can't remember the author though !!

Do you wish to trade intraday or for longer periods and look for larger moves

dc2000 said:
Do you wish to trade intraday or for longer periods and look for larger moves
Longer periods I guess, I'm tempted to buy June Dow today for example.

Zenda you look cute & what a sense of humour!

Slightly off topic, ................

A quick point ref John J Murphys TA of the Financial markets book.

I'm currently 3/4 of the way through it but was totally lost by Chapter 11 on P&F charting (3 point reversal charts???).

Anyone else find this chapter a bit difficult - the rest of the book thus far has been excellent.

Cheers

Yes! I took delivery of Murphy's Tehnical Analysis of the Financial Markets today and look forward to getting stuck into it (Got it from Global Investor if you're interested-they delivered it by courier very next day).

Don't read Murphy on it,
he's covering a lot of different areas quickly, for books Tom Dorsey's 'Point and Figure Charting' covers just about the lot, Weber and Zieg's 'The Complete Guie to Point & Figure Charting' isn't as encyclopaedic but goes into using the charts more (and has a more opinionated approach), Burke (l-o-n-g title I can't be bothered typing) covers the essentials in an afternoon and if you go to the DorseyWright.com website and download all the 'PnF University' stuff you'll get most of the Dorsey book stuff free.... I'd start there frankly, as it's a pretty simple charting style to be honest and I'm always amazed at how long you can make a book on it....
All available from Global, I think T2W has a booksite link?

Hi Compagnito as your looking for longer trades I would recomend a read of Marc Rivallands book on swing trading

As for the Dow today my thoughts were posted on the other board Monday they are gap up Tuesday droping back to 9972 and then head higher into Thursday looking for 171high before down Friday. Longer term looking to head down towards 9700

As always these are just my personal thoughts and are not intended as an invitation to trade

EK1 said:
I'm currently 3/4 of the way through it but was totally lost by Chapter 11 on P&F charting (3 point reversal charts???).

Anyone else find this chapter a bit difficult - the rest of the book thus far has been excellent.

It's not Murphy's fault. Most TAs find the switch from 'normal' indicators to P&F a little disconcerting. The loss of a linear time axis and the ability to differentiate discrete events at that level takes some getting used to.

I'm not sure, but I believe most P&F-ers 'get it' right away and never look back - and are totally passionate about it. Very few, it would seem, persevere in their study of P&F without that initial 'insight'.