Alan Rich new scanner

jeez LV.

just read the description of SHILL.

i can promise you i am not a stooge. nearly fell of my seat reading it as i thought you had spelt sh** incorectly. sorry.

ha ha. shill is spelt like that, youre correct.

i seem to be getting myself into a hole, which i actually dont want to be in as i agree with you guys about things.

i am legit and i have spent a day with AR. i would discuss that in private.

but i still dont understand the negativity. lets get everybody having a piece of their money back off the banks. i agree some sytems on the tinterweb are re-hashed and harmful to new traders. but if somebody can show them a way to cherry pick what is wrong. lets be honest, £3k to learn a job worth £70-100k a year? not a bad return.

but yes i do think the scanner is well overpriced considering it is available free when you know where to go. so that is the only bad part of this as real traders already know and it preys on the vulnerable/

guys i am on your side. just probably had too much at lunch.

Fair enough, I'll take that on face value for now :)
Why the need to discuss any prior experience in private, that confuses me?

ha ha. beginner joe. i trade 5, 15 and 60 mins plus swing trade. i make my daily from trading intraday. to posts those trades would be over before you read them.

Post up some 60m trades. Just the entries and exits should be fine and won't take much effort. No need to post all your trades. Only the ones you know will give you the best chance for not looking foolish. I like winners winning. So I will be happy to actively improve your chances of success.

no real need for PM. just thought it sounded cool..and didnt want to clog this thread up. im not really a thread person.

no face book account or twitter etc. but i can do what i say, and as written by others maybe a business is a business?

i can give you 4h calls or daily on here, but goodness me, you chaps must be able to do that yourselves by now? if you do wish to email or whatever then i will try and respond.

hehe. cant beleive im so involved in this thread. maybe says something?

jeez LV.

just read the description of SHILL.

i can promise you i am not a stooge. nearly fell of my seat reading it as i thought you had spelt sh** incorectly. sorry.

Like I say, I am not accusing you of anything just to be crystal clear :)

The only reason it arose an an issue is because, historically, people who tend
to seek vendor assistance usually have a track record of doing the rounds
with quite a few vendors, not just one.

If you want to impart your previous vendor experiences here in public, feel free.
I'm sure there would be no objection :)

Post up some 60m trades. Just the entries and exits should be fine and won't take much effort. No need to post all your trades. Only the ones you know will give you the best chance for not looking foolish. I like winners winning. So I will be happy to actively improve your chances of success.

no need BJ. i am successful enough but thanks for the offer.

as i say i trade intraday and while im happy to try and give calls, my main priority is my account. (not typing in forums while im at work. feel free to come to my office and do it real time with me. i live in the midlands, not staines)

but i will try probably starting next week if that makes me more legit.

Firstly, I would pose the question: Do you think trading can be taught and/or trained and/or coached?

Yes it can

If the answer to that is yes - and if it can't be then it's about the only professional activity I know of that can't be - then who is to do the teaching, training, coaching?

This is difficult isn't it. I for example knew a great deal about MM and position sizing way before I was anything like profitable, and probably knew a lot more than I do now. If that's the case, then just maybe its OK if some says I am not profitable, I have no idea if the stuff that I teach works, or is useful, but I charge X. I don't have a problem with that. I don't have a problem with someone teaching a method, provided they have a couple of years of forward testing to back it up. Systems sold on back tests are a non starter, systems sold after 2 months results are a non starter. That should be obvious.

And do you expect them to do it for free, or get some financial reward for their services - even if it's just compensation for their "lost" trading time?

This depends on the number of people involved. If its just the odd person being taught then yes, I would expect them to do it for free. Other professions mentor for free. I have an aquaintance who mentors half a dozen or so guitarists in various locations across the globe. He covers all of his own travel and accommodation costs, sometimes flying hundreds of miles and taking days out of his schedule to teach.

The same guy also charges extremely hefty rates for private lessons for those who do not have the ability conduct or merit, but he also sells instructional dvd's etc. Ive witnessed this particular musician turning down tens of thousands in ticket sales to play an additional night simply because he'd already committed to holding a workshop in the upstairs room in a pub for maybe 30 guys.

Another musician friend was mentored from an early age by a well know American jazz musician. His mentor paid for his college education at Berkley, and covered the costs of his family visiting whilst he was studying in the USA. He probably "invested" hundreds of thousands of dollars into a complete stranger. I'm sure there are no shortages of examples if you care to look.

As soon as you start offering mentoring or tuition to a larger client base, charges have to be made. However, the current set up puts all of the risk on the punter.

Why cant a vendor be compensated in some other way ? For example, rather than handing 5K over to a vendor , why cant I deposit 10K into an account, and allow that vendor to trade under power of attorney during the time I'm being taught. If the vendor can walk the walk, a year down the line they've made themselves double the fee, and I as the punter have confidence in the mentor and the method.

If the mentors full of bull ****, they get nothing, and the punter loses only part of what they would have lost

Its win win but you wont find a single vendor taking up such an offer. Offer em 10K, 100K, 1M, 10M they simply will not bite :LOL:

Like I say, I am not accusing you of anything just to be crystal clear :)

The only reason it arose an an issue is because, historically, people who tend
to seek vendor assistance usually have a track record of doing the rounds
with quite a few vendors, not just one.

If you want to impart your previous vendor experiences here in public, feel free.
I'm sure there would be no objection :)

bj, i subscribe to many vendor links. just to see what is out there and if i am up to date with the market.

i have been trading for 5 years now and i am what i consider self taught. i will continue to look and subscribe to many links to see what is out there.

i am not blinkered.

as i say, feel free to call and sorry if i have got up peoples noses in this debate.

not really my style to do these forums but i am always looking to learn. so as for helping my success, as i said, im okay but willing to learn. that is if you have a brand new scanner to sell.

yes i can prove it. the reason only 7 posts is because i trade full time.

if you want calls, please feel free to pm me and come to my office. no fee.

agian why the negativity? we know trading works, it is the foundation of economies.

i do not wish to do a 'my dads bigger than yours' but yes i can prove what i do.

can you?

I never said I could trade,that wasnt the issue,but by all means look at the start of my thread you can see the live calls there,should be about 1000 pips in the first 6 weeks. Come to your office,where are you, I might be tempted but I would prefer it if you or Alan did it on your own thread.I guess that will never happen

bj, i subscribe to many vendor links. just to see what is out there and if i am up to date with the market.

i have been trading for 5 years now and i am what i consider self taught. i will continue to look and subscribe to many links to see what is out there.

i am not blinkered.

as i say, feel free to call and sorry if i have got up peoples noses in this debate.
Not the case, I'm just asking a question, no hostility on my part I assure you :)

not really my style to do these forums but i am always looking to learn. so as for helping my success, as i said, im okay but willing to learn. that is if you have a brand new scanner to sell.
No I have nothing to sell and never will.

no need BJ. i am successful enough but thanks for the offer.

as i say i trade intraday and while im happy to try and give calls, my main priority is my account. (not typing in forums while im at work. feel free to come to my office and do it real time with me. i live in the midlands, not staines)

but i will try probably starting next week if that makes me more legit.

Andibet,your sort of backing down here chappie.come on mate you've opened up in ARs defence so I think you should prove it. Were really not asking for much. ill happily pay 2.5k if its proven to have an edge and save me many long stressful hours

I never said I could trade,that wasnt the issue,but by all means look at the start of my thread you can see the live calls there,should be about 1000 pips in the first 6 weeks. Come to your office,where are you, I might be tempted but I would prefer it if you or Alan did it on your own thread.I guess that will never happen

flash, i can promise you i am in no way affiliated to AR.

your right you never said you could trade, the thread was about a scanner i beleive. of which the video link was funny. however i maintain i dont understand the negativity?

again i re iterate i am not here to make enemies.

Andibet,your sort of backing down here chappie.come on mate you've opened up in ARs defence so I think you should prove it. Were really not asking for much. ill happily pay 2.5k if its proven to have an edge and save me many long stressful hours

in answer to this. not backing down but i have a job to earn money for my family.

second i really wouldnt pay 2.5 k for a scanner when its free with ig index or alpari. and i will happily show you how to do it, BUT NOT IN TRADING TIME.

if you trade for a living you would know what i mean.

there, does that prove im not a shill?

flash, i can promise you i am in no way affiliated to AR.

your right you never said you could trade, the thread was about a scanner i beleive. of which the video link was funny. however i maintain i dont understand the negativity?

again i re iterate i am not here to make enemies.

Fair enough.
If you don't endorse a vendor with a recommendation, and prior experiences
with said vendor, there is no need for you to say any more.
That is your choice.

If you do endorse a vendor, these questions will be asked.
That isn't unreasonable is it?
I can assure you, there is still no hostility on my part :)

Last edited:
This forum is so unfair to the vendors - at first they are ridiculed and at the end invited to do some live calls.

If it continues like this, they may be forced to trade only. And what happens if they are not good at trading? How are they supposed to make a living?

in answer to this. not backing down but i have a job to earn money for my family.

second i really wouldnt pay 2.5 k for a scanner when its free with ig index or alpari. and i will happily show you how to do it, BUT NOT IN TRADING TIME.

if you trade for a living you would know what i mean.

there, does that prove im not a shill?

ok youve backed down politely as Im sure Alan will. Do pop by in a few years. The thread I was talking about is the live calls and general chat lounge

lol
on a lighter note the ******* is nearly dead
the new go compare advert just blew him up lolololololol maade my day