Alan Rich new scanner

And the question is....

How many months did it take him till he had a micro-month he was happy to show people? :LOL:

Its the oldest trick in the book.

As part of my method, I have a robot that takes trades completely at random. Its long term expectancy is to loose (lose) transaction costs.

You'd be surprised how frequently it has a good month (actually you probably wouldn't but a lot would be) :LOL:

And whats the nonsense with a micro account ?

He has a few thousand students paying over a hundred dollars a month, and he claims its chump change in comparison to his trading income. The least he should stump up is 100K, its not an unrealistic amount, its enough to show that there's sufficient liquidity for the methods that he' s applying, and it shows some level of proof that he can handle the pressure of trade at more than a few pence per pip.

For heavens sake he could game a few dozen accounts even at that level for not a lot of money, and it would still be a good marketing exercise.

I extend the invitation to all of you. Dont take my word, come and see it at my trading office and see what you think.

Since you take the trouble of posting here, perhaps you would like to post up some live calls ? I reckon 3 convincing wins should impress upon most people that you have a statistically significant edge and worthy of the long queues. Small looses, and scratched trades in between are perfectly acceptable as these would demonstrate how you deal with failures. In my own research, I find the strategy to deal with loosers is significantly more important than the strategy to deal with winners. So the loosers and scratched trades are highly interesting to me.

Last edited:
Good point Joe. Good idea.

So - how about it Naz?

After all - if you are going to go to the extent of selling this edge, you should try to sell as many as possible.

As you know, most people wont be able to come to your house.

What better way to increase sales than to show the 'mob' how good it is in your capable hands?

No need to show the mechanics of your edge, and save it to sell for more monies. Just the entry and exit points would be adequate. We can work out the rest. (y)

No need to show the mechanics of your edge, and save it to sell for more monies. Just the entry and exit points would be adequate. We can work out the rest. (y)

Why don't you just buy it, its obviously worth every penny

I won the day trading competition at the 2010 IX trading show by using my style of day trading. So I've already put my style of day trading to public scrutiny.

Over how many months or years did the competition take place?

How large was the real account that you used to trade during this competition? I presume you can confirm that you were using your own money?

How many other participants were there, and what type of traders were they?

Reactions: D70
Over how many months or years did the competition take place?

How large was the real account that you used to trade during this competition? I presume you can confirm that you were using your own money?

How many other participants were there, and what type of traders were they?

Probably about 2 hours, same as the Baghdady World Championship.

Although a touch off-topic the general discussion about vendors is quite illuminating.

Firstly, it seems quite illogical to tar all coaches/vendors with the same brush - maybe on the spurious proposition that trading can't be taught/coached. If that was the case then trading is perhaps the only activity like that.

Secondly, there are people here like toastie, flashy and hare (occasionally ;)) who have been pretty free explaining what they do which could be regarded as "free" training/coaching - there are others as well but I confine it to those who have commented on this thread. Unless I was in the no-one posting on T2W knows anything camp, I would judge that these guys know what they are doing.

I suspect they get pms or e-mails from people who want to know more and if that expanded they would have to decline politely or otherwise want to be compensated for their time (which might also be useful income to compensate for a bit of the loss days :)). Conceivably it could escalate from there to them deciding to make a business of it - less stressful than trading after all.

In advertising their services it would serve no purpose to keep on showing people losing trades and it would be no surprise to see their advertising concentrating on the successful. Of course, such upstanding characters would not make outrageous claims but that wouldn't deter the T2W wolf pack which would be at them as soon as the vendor badge of shame blinked.

Be a waste of time anyone pointing to their threads or trading records because they are all fiddled you know :LOL:

Be a waste of time anyone pointing to their threads or trading records because they are all fiddled you know :LOL:

Understandable coming from someone who makes it his job to fiddle with people's threads.

I can honestly say I have never pm'ed the hare for his secret sauce. He never demonstrated sufficient confidence.

Understandable coming from someone who makes it his job to fiddle with people's threads.

I can honestly say I have never pm'ed the hare for his secret sauce. He never demonstrated sufficient confidence.

Alternative view.

I doubt very much that the hare would waste his time on those who don't display the necessary Merit Conduct and Ability in the first place.

Just saying:LOL:

Although a touch off-topic the general discussion about vendors is quite illuminating.

Firstly, it seems quite illogical to tar all coaches/vendors with the same brush - maybe on the spurious proposition that trading can't be taught/coached. If that was the case then trading is perhaps the only activity like that.

Good, the possibility of a proper discussion for a change (if you would like to have one).

So, why does it seem illogical to tar them all with the same brush?*

*I will clarify and say that I tar all system vendors and educators (who make up the overwhelming majority of vendors) with the same brush. I will exclude those such as Toast who sells tools rather than training, systems, black boxes etc.

Alternative view.

I doubt very much that the hare would waste his time on those who don't display the necessary Merit Conduct and Ability in the first place.

Just saying:LOL:

Actually I don't think the hare is like a nursery teacher at all who needs the correct attitude before rewarding a cookie. I am certain he would give me his secret sauce if I would just ask. But I won't as my assessment of what he's got is that it isn't sufficiently robust and continues to cause him frustration. It's a case of newtonian physics in a quantum mechanics world - things looking good but incomplete.

Last edited:
Good, the possibility of a proper discussion for a change (if you would like to have one).

*I will clarify and say that I tar all system vendors and educators (who make up the overwhelming majority of vendors) with the same brush. I will exclude those such as Toast who sells tools rather than training, systems, black boxes etc.

Sadly Im in agreement with this statement. I've not met or heard of one who is any good and worth the fee. Jon Im assuming by your statement that you may have someone in mind?

Actually I don't think the hare is like a nursery teacher at all who needs the correct attitude before rewarding a cookie. I am certain he would give me his secret sauce if I would just ask. But I won't as my assessment of what he's got is that it isn't sufficiently robust and continues to cause him frustration. It's a case of newtonian physics in a quantum mechanic world.

I think I know how he would respond to this...but I won't spoil the fun :LOL:

Actually I don't think the hare is like a nursery teacher at all who needs the correct attitude before rewarding a cookie. I am certain he would give me his secret sauce if I would just ask. But I won't as my assessment of what he's got is that it isn't sufficiently robust and continues to cause him frustration. It's a case of newtonian physics in a quantum mechanics world.

You be sure and get a statement before asking for the secret sauce Joe. That's the key.

I think if vendors all use this sort of get rich quick marketing then they will naturally be tarred with the same brush. I don't think that's terribly unreasonable, it's not like any of them ever proved us wrong in the past.

Baghdady...Secker...Barnett...Pousa...PappaC...Wasp...Wallstreet1928...Aussie Rob...or indeed any other Aussie.

Thanks for talking about my system today.

I couldnt believe the emails that were coming through today from the contact page on my web site about my new system. Then I found out the reason why, this thread.

I won the day trading competition at the 2010 IX trading show by using my style of day trading. So I've already put my style of day trading to public scrutiny.

Not many traders would do that infront of a crowd in real time!

I'm still day trading after 14 years and I still really enjoy it. Over that time I've worked out what works and what doesnt, I've learnt to change when the market has. I also dont do the things the crowd do so, yes I'm going to be different.

The sytem was developed for my own personal trading based on a lot of what I do. I only mentioned it to the traders that follow me in the free blog on my personal web site 2 weeks ago. I've been amazed at the interest.

I developed it to give me a real time edge in my trading and take me to where the action is in the blink of an eye, which it has done. For example I can follow every FX pair in real time and know exactly what is setting up and be there before many other day traders have worked out whats happening. Then I take the trade with minimal risk if the set up is there and sell to the late comers that dont have my edge. I then bank any profits that might arise and go looking for the next opportunity before other traders can work out whats happening.

In trading you need an edge, I think I've just found one.

I invited any of my blog readers to my trading office to see it working live. Which many did.

I extend the invitation to all of you. Dont take my word, come and see it at my trading office and see what you think.

how long would we be able to see it for and would this include live trades etc. I respect you joining in but you are still being vague and not answering with anything we can truly gage you on. You have claimed you have the edge with your software and forex programme and yet many,many doubt that. So why not take up a challenge Allan and prove yourself and I will be the first to shake your hand and apologise for anything Ive said as Im sure others will.