Alan Rich new scanner

Superb post.

I've never paid for a course, although I did shell out for a couple of systems right at the start. At under a couple of hundred quid they weren't expensive (except relative to their value of course), and I won't tell you the vendor in question, because you will literally sh1t your trousers laughing if I do. :LOL:

In terms of strike rate, we've discussed this before and think alike. Although I would never buy a course, I do very occasionally buy or acquire books. I got one fairly recently, and the author's take was remarkably refreshing. He was saying that a 70% strike rate is incredibly difficult (using reasonable parameters, and not vendor tricks), and that "even" 60% is likely to be beyond most people. Even is in inverted commas because of course it represents a superb strike rate that can easily make on very rich indeed.

He also pointed out that this really doesn't matter, for reasons that you fully understand (but few people at the zoo do, unfortunately). My best months tend to be those with a 50% strike rate or lower - again for reasons that you'll understand.

For example, there's ample liquidity in ES to allow for an income of many millions of dollars a year from an average net win of 1 pt per day - say 200 to 250 points for a whole year. Some of these vendors claim dozens per month. :LOL:

Getting back to the vendors, if they were anything like as good as they claimed they would be wealthy beyond imagining, with their near flawless hit-rates and monthly mountains of pips and points. The victims of Crappa Smurf I seem to remember (the excellent TEC thread) said he claimed no losing days for over 6 months and an average of high hundreds of pips a month. Trading the major pairs that should by any reasonable assessment mean a return of millions of dollars a month. And yet people thought he would sell them these signals for a hundred quid or whatever it was. :LOL:

In the end, people are idiots. I treat system vendors and educators the way I treat politicians - tar them all with the same brush, because they all deserve it. Have no respect for any of them, they are all the same. Judge these books by their covers - judge them hastily, and harshly, and your judgement will be correct.

How does one know this assessment is correct? Simply this - it is inherent in what they are ( I can explain why this is the case with politicians if anyone is interested; in the case of vendors, well if it's not obvious to you, you're probably beyond help).

I'm interested.

Tim:
"in the case of Mr. Charts, as he makes a point on his thread of saying that he has plenty of losers."

How do you define "plenty" Tim--I wonder what the actual ratio is -winners to losers.

Based on correct money management and if his results were true- this guy would be a multi millionaire.

If his systems were that good why bother charging a few hundred quid onthis board? He would be better off selling it for a million or two to an investment bank- they could get get their investment back within a day given the resources available.

MrCharts "system" can not be traded with significant size.

Hi Mik,
You seem to take it personally when someone criticises these two "characters"-(particularly Mr Charts) any reason why?
At times, (but not always) the vendor bashing lobby have a tendency to become a little intoxicated by the exuberance of their own verbosity. The result of this is that they say things which any member who bothers to undertake due diligence will see is quite wrong. This, to my mind anyway, completely undermines their credibility and core message which, in the case of many vendors, is often spot on. So, far from taking it personally, I'm actually doing the bash-a-vendor lobby a favour!
:p
Fair and reasonable criticism is encouraged, making false claims (about anyone - not just vendors) is unacceptable.

Based onthe results they have posted on these boards over the last ten years and given their success rate wouldn't even you agree that these results are slightly suspect?
I can't comment as I'm not sure of the results you're referring to. If you have a link - I'll happily take a look and offer a view if you'd like me to.

Tim.

the hare

What makes you think Mr Charts is a far better trader?-- tongue in cheek remark i hope!

He's able to use a much tighter stop than I am. Admittedly these days I'm using a random entry, but back in the day when I was trading a more discretionary system, my entries where pretty solid, but nowhere near as precise as Mr Charts.

His win rate is higher than mine ever was, and given the size of his stop, his win rate is actually quite phenomenal

If that wasn't impressive enough, his exits are simply stunning, often nailing practically the high or low of a swing

Of course I take the point that Mr Charts uses t2w as part of his marketing activities, and will possibly be a little selective in picking what might be "clearer" examples, obviously for the benefit of the readership rather than to mislead.

His skills are better than mine in practically every area, and that results in what must be a quite extraordinary returns. How much does he charge again ?

D70

Agreed the "selling to an investment bank" was being a bit sarcastic.

My main point stands- given his success rate (winners to losers) and correct money management- he should be a millionaire many times over . My guess is- he's probably not.

Out with it? It's good for the soul...

It may well be.

A lady of my acquaintance - sadly now departed - was of a certain age and vastly experienced. Although her maidenhood was long past, she was nonetheless truly striking, genuinely looked at least 10 years younger than she was (and must have been a great beauty in her youth), and had a very sprightly attitude to life. She was often praised for her demeanour and youthful appearance, and asked what her secret was, to which she would give some spurious reply involving diet, exercise, Eastern philosophies or some such nonsense, as the fancy took her.

On one such occasion - a rather dull dinner party at which I was the youngest guest by about 12 decades - she brushed off the usual inane question in the usual way. She then leaned across to me, grinned in a manner which can only be described as obscene, and whispered "Thick black pole is good for the soul", before collapsing in a fit of giggles.

I have no doubt she was right - her advice was often excellent. And you might well be right also, but I never took her advice about my soul and I'm not taking yours either. :)

Timsk

Just go to his thread How to make money trading the markets- think you'll see what i'm getting at.

Timsk

Just go to his thread How to make money trading the markets- think you'll see what i'm getting at.

In fairness, the contents of the thread "How to make money trading the markets" do provide a clear and concise answer as to how to do just that.

You only have 3 variables to play with, win rate, size of average win, and size of average loss, and Mr Charts has optimized each to perfection :p

I'm interested.

Me too, despite being beyond help.

I refer of course to modern British politicians - there have been some in the past worthy of respect. John Profumo would be a good example. There ought to be a statue of him at Westminster.

But with modern politicians the selection process ensures that only the worst are allowed to stand before the electorate. It also ensures that they are incapable of fulfilling the true function of a British MP - this fact ought to be a national scandal, and it is a telling indication of our decadence, frivolity and national decline that it isn't.

In fairness, the contents of the thread "How to make money trading the markets" do provide a clear and concise answer as to how to do just that.

You only have 3 variables to play with, win rate, size of average win, and size of average loss, and Mr Charts has optimized each to perfection :p

Allegedly.

The only legitimate vendor I actually think is real is J16.
He recently posted a months worth of trading.
Was tres impressive.

Allegedly.

The only legitimate vendor I actually think is real is J16.
He recently posted a months worth of trading.
Was tres impressive.

What was the nature of this? Verifiable live calls in advance?

I think he is pretty much like the rest, although in fairness some of the things I have seen on that thread are a reasonable basis for further study in my opinion.

I think his emphasis on individual bars and so on lets him down rather badly, however.

That said, pin bars can be highly profitable, especially if one fades them in the direction of the prior trend once they've failed.

What was the nature of this? Verifiable live calls in advance?

I think he is pretty much like the rest, although in fairness some of the things I have seen on that thread are a reasonable basis for further study in my opinion.

I think his emphasis on individual bars and so on lets him down rather badly, however.

That said, pin bars can be highly profitable, especially if one fades them in the direction of the prior trend once they've failed.

He sent out his account statement to all his 'subs'. It was meant as a "look, if I can do it, so can you".... it wasnt his "real" account, just a micro account he had funded and traded for 1 month. Believe it, not believe it. As always with trading. It's kinda up to you! Unless you're watching the guy live, it's all make believe really.

I like that he had gone to the effort.

i would say that we all trade in diffrent manners and wht is good for one does nt mean it s not good for others keep an open mind and lets all make money as that s what we are here to do

i would say that we all trade in diffrent manners and wht is good for one does nt mean it s not good for others keep an open mind and lets all make money as that s what we are here to do

some are here to make money, but necessarily by trading financial markets

on mature refection, most people here are vendors of one kind or another :LOL:

some are here to make money, but necessarily by trading financial markets

on mature refection, most people here are vendors of one kind or another :LOL:

Oh no, The Hare, you are quite wrong about that. Anyone who is a vendor has to wear a badge to identify themselves. I am sure there are no vendors operating secretly, promoting their products by pretending to be noobs and so on! That wouldn't happen, surely!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Of course, how could I have been so silly as to think that. Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways.

He sent out his account statement to all his 'subs'. It was meant as a "look, if I can do it, so can you".... it wasnt his "real" account, just a micro account he had funded and traded for 1 month. Believe it, not believe it. As always with trading. It's kinda up to you! Unless you're watching the guy live, it's all make believe really.

I like that he had gone to the effort.

And the question is....

How many months did it take him till he had a micro-month he was happy to show people? :LOL:

Thanks for talking about my system today.

I couldnt believe the emails that were coming through today from the contact page on my web site about my new system. Then I found out the reason why, this thread.

I won the day trading competition at the 2010 IX trading show by using my style of day trading. So I've already put my style of day trading to public scrutiny.

Not many traders would do that infront of a crowd in real time!

I'm still day trading after 14 years and I still really enjoy it. Over that time I've worked out what works and what doesnt, I've learnt to change when the market has. I also dont do the things the crowd do so, yes I'm going to be different.

The sytem was developed for my own personal trading based on a lot of what I do. I only mentioned it to the traders that follow me in the free blog on my personal web site 2 weeks ago. I've been amazed at the interest.

I developed it to give me a real time edge in my trading and take me to where the action is in the blink of an eye, which it has done. For example I can follow every FX pair in real time and know exactly what is setting up and be there before many other day traders have worked out whats happening. Then I take the trade with minimal risk if the set up is there and sell to the late comers that dont have my edge. I then bank any profits that might arise and go looking for the next opportunity before other traders can work out whats happening.

In trading you need an edge, I think I've just found one.

I invited any of my blog readers to my trading office to see it working live. Which many did.

I extend the invitation to all of you. Dont take my word, come and see it at my trading office and see what you think.

Last edited: