Advice needed for Trading Analyst in an IB!!

chouw1

Hi Guys,

I have recently accepted an Equity Derivatives Trading Analyst offer from an IB. I have no previous experience in Trading (neither intership nor on my own account) However I do follow the markets closely. Of course I am expecting a very steep learning curve right at the beginning. How do you think I can prepare myself better to fit this role? (Excel skills? maybe?)

Thankss

Have you traded any other derivatives before?
If no, then understaing derivatives generally and the instrument you will be trading as well as how they are traded / quoted in the market will be a good first step.

Good Luck

Hey thanks for your reply, very much appreciated.

Can you be a little more specific? In fact, I know a lot of technical stuff in terms of theory, but I don't actually know how it works in real life. Is there anything I should be prepared for?

Hey thanks for your reply, very much appreciated.

Can you be a little more specific? In fact, I know a lot of technical stuff in terms of theory, but I don't actually know how it works in real life. Is there anything I should be prepared for?

stop worring so much you did well getting the entry, there will be a graduate course and you will do just fine.

if you require something any more info please PM me.

I am very happy for you :)