Advertising changes

Steve

Advertising revenues are down, there are a number of reasons for this, to some extent it is an industry wide problem, a problem we have to do something about. In addition we now turn away a number of potential advertisers based on the changes I made earlier in the year to who we will and will not accept.

I can hear your hearts bleeding from here! But, the reality is that we need the revenue to keep things going and also pay for the things I want to do in 2013 and beyond.

Compared to some of the sites I frequent I don't think we do too badly here at T2W for the intrusiveness of our ads and most people I have discussed this with seem to accept them as a necessary evil.

So, it has been a balancing act between what the advertisers would like to be able to do and what I am prepared to accept. I'm glad to say that the changes should not be too dramatic although I suspect one of them may be more contentious than the others (or it may not bother you at all).

The first two just involve fiddling with a couple of the banners so i'll not dwell on that one. The new addition will be 'sponsored by' statement right next to the T2W logo which should start to appear fairly soon. Personally I am happier with this than I was with some of the 'pop up' options that were being proposed but having said this I have only agreed at this stage to trial it on a rolling monthly basis.

What I must make very clear is that the term 'sponsored by' just means that they have paid to be in that spot. There is not, and never will be, any involvement in the content and management of the site.

This may be a non-event to most of you but I wanted you to understand the background.

All that remains is for me to wish you an enjoyable New Year's Eve and the very best for 2013 in both your trading and personal lives.

Steve

Nothing is free to everybody and someone somewhere has to foot the bill. If we are to continue with "free" internet then advertising is the price we pay. Since Murdoch started to charge for his Times website I no longer go there - I prefer the "free" model.

Steve - it's good to see that you are managing the problem: organisations that ignore the facts of business life go to the wall - unless of course, you're State-run where there is always or used to be always more money.

so, if Trade2Win, became Trade2Win sponsored by Traders University for example?

Yes that's correct but he is not alone at the top of the list!

Interesting idea.

Would you see us charging the traders (for being there) or the members of the room a kind of entry fee?

How would you see it working in practice?

Steve

If you seriously wanted it to work, you'd need some method of verifying the trade calls. Presumably you could sign up the traders as IB clients and verify that the trades being called in the room where legitimate, and you could provide verified performance statistics.

You could then provide some sort of trade copy functionality that allows others to follow. There's no shortage of sites doing this stuff.

The downside with these sorts if businesses arrangements is t2w's reputation may potentially suffer when things go tits up. You really do have to honestly ask yourself if t2w has the necessary skills and experience to assess these traders, and the true risks to which they are exposing their followers.

The upside, its a popular enough model, and it makes reasonable profits, although its becoming a very crowded market.

If you don't verify the traders, you open yourself up to all kinds of games and the probability of another Wasp fiasco etc (no doubt trader33 will object to that remark, so feel free to edit it out, but hopefully it will be taken in the spirit its intended)

If I where t2w I'd probably look at providing a video based service, renting out video based rooms to anyone who had the brass balls to pull it off. The technology is available off the shelf, and its dirt cheap. Limit content to educational content only so you don't get caught up in the inevitable disaster associated with risk.

Let the traders charge the punters, you provide the infrastructure, and take a healthy slice.

I know it's not what El CId was proposing, but I suspect he was only suggesting it for lulz, I don't think it was meant as a serious proposition !

If you like I could set up 100 random robots, and you could promote the 5 or 6 that where doing well, that would eliminate the need to deal with a load of traders etc. PM me if interested.

If you don't verify the traders, you open yourself up to all kinds of games and the probability of another Wasp fiasco etc

I actually agree with your concerns

Interesting idea.

Would you see us charging the traders (for being there) or the members of the room a kind of entry fee?

How would you see it working in practice?

Steve

Traders have to be interviewed for competence to be able to trade , and at their own risk copy trades .The purpose is educational.They would sign up with t2w or privately with room operators,pay their monthly learning fees and be allowed to view live trades and trading via skype and teamviewer.Monthly fees are split between vendor and introducing agents.A week's free entry would be offered.

Coaches and mentors may offer appropriate tuition and education , independently of the trading room , and only suitable candidates approved by coaches can be admitted.

Trading room operators have to provide records and proof of sound trading performance , with a money management plan to individual traders , and risk management criteria.

This is the best way to learn and get experience.

Trader 333

I have yet to see a decent trading room or hear of one.

If you seriously wanted it to work, you'd need some method of verifying the trade calls. Presumably you could sign up the traders as IB clients and verify that the trades being called in the room where legitimate, and you could provide verified performance statistics.

You could then provide some sort of trade copy functionality that allows others to follow. There's no shortage of sites doing this stuff.

The downside with these sorts if businesses arrangements is t2w's reputation may potentially suffer when things go tits up. You really do have to honestly ask yourself if t2w has the necessary skills and experience to assess these traders, and the true risks to which they are exposing their followers.

The upside, its a popular enough model, and it makes reasonable profits, although its becoming a very crowded market.

If you don't verify the traders, you open yourself up to all kinds of games and the probability of another Wasp fiasco etc (no doubt trader33 will object to that remark, so feel free to edit it out, but hopefully it will be taken in the spirit its intended)

If I where t2w I'd probably look at providing a video based service, renting out video based rooms to anyone who had the brass balls to pull it off. The technology is available off the shelf, and its dirt cheap. Limit content to educational content only so you don't get caught up in the inevitable disaster associated with risk.

Let the traders charge the punters, you provide the infrastructure, and take a healthy slice.

I know it's not what El CId was proposing, but I suspect he was only suggesting it for lulz, I don't think it was meant as a serious proposition !

If you like I could set up 100 random robots, and you could promote the 5 or 6 that where doing well, that would eliminate the need to deal with a load of traders etc. PM me if interested.

There are skilled traders who make pips day in day out ,with low risk and consistent profits.Not everybody lives in a zoo.It is not easy , but it is doable.

I already have 50 robots , but I don't use them , because trading is an art and requires flexibility and skill of humans.Robots provide inconsistent results.

What's going to happen when Davy Robertson shows up? Will he be able to recruit people to his private forum and keep out the people that are trying to stop him carrying out another scam? Seems like the perfect setup for his likes.

What's going to happen when Davy Robertson shows up? Will he be able to recruit people to his private forum and keep out the people that are trying to stop him carrying out another scam? Seems like the perfect setup for his likes.

oh, don't - we have enough problems with Walter and his fifty robot friends- ffs:eek:

There are skilled traders who make pips day in day out ,with low risk and consistent profits.Not everybody lives in a zoo.It is not easy , but it is doable.

Amazingly not a single one of these people have verifiable track records :LOL:

In case I missed one, post a link and we check them out

I'm sure its in the interest of vendors such as yourself to perpetrate these myths, but anyone applying a modicum of common sense will immediately understand why it's complete nonsense.

I'm sure its in the interest of vendors such as yourself to perpetrate these myths, but anyone applying a modicum of common sense will immediately understand why it's complete nonsense.

Lulz.Entertainment for game wardens.I am not a vendor.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/162600-box-breakout-pro-scalping-122.html#post2082794

Where is you zoo badge?

Yes there are many successful traders with a verifiable track record , check Collective2 for example you will see many successful traders making money day in day out until they wipe out all their previous gains in just one month :LOL: