Addressing the issue of time frames

A few people have been expressing how their trading is not going to plan. Then they offer that the timeframe they use is 5 mins or less.

Not surprisingly they are having problems, 5 min or sub 5 min trading is a very hard nut to crack consistently. It is very very easy to get pulled into trades that 'just' go wrong, and at the end of the day the account balance is the wrong side of where you started from.

It realy is a bull**** story!

If you trade the 15min time frame, confirming trend on the 2hour or 4hour frame..

ITS EXACTLY THE SAME TRADING 1MIN AND CONFIRMING ON THE 15MIN LEVEL.

I trade 3 Range. Which is usually similar to 1- 3 minute timeframes.

My belief, from my experience, is that all time frames can be traded. They each have their pro's and cons and you have to figure out what works best for you and plays to your strengths.

Longer time frames have more people trading them, hence, I feel trends, S/R etc, have more significance but less opportunities. Shorter timeframes give you more opportunities but have the drawback of spread and lag. And there's a million other things to consider for each timeframe.

So determine what your strengths and weaknesses are. Then experiment with timeframes that work best with your particular attributes.